ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Mole spade #8137728
05/11/24 07:56 PM
05/11/24 07:56 PM
WI
N
Nostalgia Offline OP
trapper
Nostalgia  Offline OP
trapper
N

WI
I just lost my mole spade, which if some of your aren't familiar, was a product sold by WCS that helps for using the victor OOS mole traps. I called them and apparently they discontinued the product. Does anyone happen to have one sitting around that they'd wanna get rid of? I know there's other ways to set that particular trap, but I really liked the product.

Re: Mole spade [Re: Nostalgia] #8138050
05/12/24 01:52 PM
05/12/24 01:52 PM
South Texas
A
Aggie73 Offline
trapper
Aggie73  Offline
trapper
A

South Texas
Find you a local welder or shop and have one custom made for the OOS. I trap moles in sandy to sandy loam soil, so I don’t need a mole spade for the OOS. I dry fire the OOS while holding on to my custom long handled setters to clear the leg path. But I also use the smaller Talpex scissor/claw trap for different trapping situations. The Talpex is no where near as spring strong (to create the trap leg path) as the OOS. I had a mole spade custom made for the Talpex mole trap. It also works with the Mole Whacker trap and have used it occasionally with the OOS. I do have to fiddle with it somewhat when using the longer legged OOS. It does require pounding it with a rubber mallet and sometimes wetting/spraying the sandy soil trap set. It works for me!

[Linked Image]

"Happier than a gopher in wet sand."
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread