No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: State income generation [Re: Jingles] #8182657
07/27/24 10:00 AM
07/27/24 10:00 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Originally Posted by Jingles
Had one tell me that seat belts save lives and severe injuries the police and first responders don't have to contend with . Informed officer if the blood guts and gore are that tramatic find a different job maybe as a grocery checker

I hope you guys are passing these valuable self rights of life information on to your children.
Over 30 years of picking up pieces of other folks mistakes. I see so much wisdom in this post I wish I had known. As a child I really wanted to be a grocery checker. Having failed 9 grade algebra and lacking the ability to make correct change. I can't count past my 9 3/4 fingers.. They decided to replace me with a self checkout. Devastated I was floundering no direction in life. Someone said hey we know you drank off the garden hose. Seen you riding your bicycle and motorcycle around without a helmet. Seen you plenty of times out on river with out a pfd. Your just plain wreckless. You was caught as child playing with matches and arrested for underage drink at age 13..
We got the perfect job for you.
You can come pick these dead kids off the road for us.. Just remember that you probably going to be on camera. So please don't up set their parents.. By just pick them up with a shovel toss them in the ditch. Like you do the raccoons with no fur value.
My big regret in life.. I unknowingly past this same ability to my son.
I didn't know I damaged him as bad as I'm.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up!"

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182661
07/27/24 10:04 AM
07/27/24 10:04 AM
WI
WI Outdoors Offline
trapper
WI Outdoors  Offline
trapper

WI
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by danny clifton
The law in KS is if asked if your armed and you are you have to say so. I never been asked.

It's normal here to get do you know why I stopped you, where are you heading, where are you coming from, have Any guns in the vehicle. OK guns are not illegal, last I saw I don't have to inform but do when asked. I quit giving my handgun permit over with my license yeaes ago. I did it to be nice and let them know I was armed. But the reaction normally went from played back to nervous cop with gun out and me out of my vehicle. So I quit doing that since it was not required.

Where am I going or have I been. None of your business quit fishing, do you know why I pulled you over, you pulled me over you tell me I'm not telling on myself.

I don't have patience for the bs. Tell me the problem Wright the ticket and move on to the next income generator driving down the road.

Agreed 100%

Re: State income generation [Re: jbyrd63] #8182666
07/27/24 10:09 AM
07/27/24 10:09 AM
WI
WI Outdoors Offline
trapper
WI Outdoors  Offline
trapper

WI
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
If you think seat belts are government control I bet you really get peed off because you have to have a license, tags, insurance onthat same vehicle!!! Your scout master might have died because of a seat belt. But millions have been saved because of them

I've seen where people don't have a license and don't get a ticket. We have the right to travel. It's a process and some b.s. but some get away with it.

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182694
07/27/24 10:44 AM
07/27/24 10:44 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
You guys pee and moan about the "fishing" expeditions. Providence you stated yourself it would be different if he got a drunk driver You know how many drug bust and drunk drivers have been removed from the road due to "FISHING" pull overs? Not dimming headlights, busted tail light, NO SEAT BELT . I'm all for them. . ONE of the Biggest drug bust I have ever heard of around hear was because at 2 am a guy didn't signal when he changed lanes. 90 plus lbs of pot. 10 kilos coke, hundreds of pills, plus meth ,cash....

Providence
Why stop at wearing a seatbelt? Drive on the left side of the road. Gov mandates you drive on the right! Heck drive 20 mph over speed limit. That's another money grabbing mandate !!
You know the law
you broke it
pay the ticket.
But please stop trashing a LEO for doing his job.

Re: State income generation [Re: jbyrd63] #8182701
07/27/24 10:59 AM
07/27/24 10:59 AM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Offline
trapper
ScottW  Offline
trapper
S

Barnum, MN
You guys pee and moan about the "fishing" expeditions. Providence you stated yourself it would be different if he got a drunk driver You know how many drug bust and drunk drivers have been removed from the road due to "FISHING" pull overs? Not dimming headlights, busted tail light, NO SEAT BELT . I'm all for them. . ONE of the Biggest drug bust I have ever heard of around hear was because at 2 am a guy didn't signal when he changed lanes. 90 plus lbs of pot. 10 kilos coke, hundreds of pills, plus meth ,cash....

Providence
Why stop at wearing a seatbelt? Drive on the left side of the road. Gov mandates you drive on the right! Heck drive 20 mph over speed limit. That's another money grabbing mandate !!
You know the law
you broke it
pay the ticket.

Not often I totally love me an uncle Jbyrd post!!

And I vote Macthediver for president!! He always talks with such common sense it’s ridiculous! :-)

Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182715
07/27/24 11:18 AM
07/27/24 11:18 AM
WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI
The experience could have been a bunch different.

If you were so tired that you fell asleep at the laundry, you could also have been considered "impaired" , at least in the states I am familiar with. Consider yourself lucky.. I know you ain't my first choice for who I share the road with.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: State income generation [Re: jbyrd63] #8182719
07/27/24 11:26 AM
07/27/24 11:26 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE

Providence
You know the law
you broke it
pay the ticket.

Law enforcement fishing trips have also led to a whole lot of stolen money through civil asset forfeiture.

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182729
07/27/24 11:54 AM
07/27/24 11:54 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I don’t care who wears what, nor do I think it should be mandated. But if you have any respect or love for your life and family and don’t wear one, then you actually don’t have any respect or love for your family or your life. See, mine depends on me and if I can prevent a possible loss of my life or severe injury, then I feel I owe it to them. Sorta the same way I wear a safety harness while climbing, really don’t want my sons or wife finding me paralyzed or dead at the bottom of a tree.

I will tell you with 100% certainty that seatbelts do save lives because I’m still here. Do seat belts save every life? Nope, but I’ll take the odds of wearing one vs not.

Re: State income generation [Re: ScottW] #8182731
07/27/24 12:03 PM
07/27/24 12:03 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Originally Posted by ScottW

Providence
You know the law
you broke it
pay the ticket.

Not often I totally love me an uncle Jbyrd post!!

And I vote Macthediver for president!! He always talks with such common sense it’s ridiculous! :-)

Happy trapping! ScottW

I guess I disagree Scott.

This country has forgot that freedom really is and all these laws lead up to the nonsense we have to endure.

Next thing you guys will be wanting me to give up my Modern sporting rifles, concealed carry permit and suppressors.

"Gold is money, everything else is just credit" JP Morgan
Re: State income generation [Re: Leftlane] #8182745
07/27/24 12:23 PM
07/27/24 12:23 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Leftlane
Give it to him PF. Tell Paxman he is prolly in debt and that you can buy more pallets of ammo than he can! Tell him you wear 5:11 underwear and that cops can just sense that they don't measure up and it makes them all nervous! whistle

Who wears underwear? Just one more thing to take off or wash, what's the benefit besides its what I alway have done since birth. I under stand at the beginning of life and at the end when you need diapers. But grown men?

Re: State income generation [Re: loosegoose] #8182756
07/27/24 12:36 PM
07/27/24 12:36 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by loosegoose

Providence
You know the law
you broke it
pay the ticket.

Law enforcement fishing trips have also led to a whole lot of stolen money through civil asset forfeiture.

Don't point out the logic to him. It's likely a wast of time. Sounds like someone open to reasonable gun control if it just saves one life and is more than happy to give up rights for the illusion of in and in the name of safety.

His reading compression skills also show. I never complained about getting the ticket or the cop. Just that it's another form of tax/income generation and method of fishing and attemp to justify violation of rights.

Even though I flat out said it was a good cop interaction and I'm glad I don't have the cops job. J still wants to read into what he thinks I typed instead of what I did type. It's typical. Just like all the others inability to read I normally wear my seat belt but had taken it off at a normally long light to get my phone out of my pocket and the light had changed and being in front of the line of guys wanting to leave work I went and left my seat belt off. That is pretty clear. But I get the preaching and assuming I never Weare my seat belt because some how I'm a rebel. Just another example of poor reading compression.

I care less about a ticket. It's the principle of just another excuse to make a stop that other wise would not be legal.

J a lot of criminals have walked on technically and process and rights violations. Guess you think we should get rid of the rights and process put in place to protect us as well? Who cares if I'd saves a few innocent people it will take many more criminals off the streets than innocents out of jail.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 07/27/24 12:42 PM.
Re: State income generation [Re: T-Rex] #8182763
07/27/24 12:48 PM
07/27/24 12:48 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by T-Rex
The experience could have been a bunch different.

If you were so tired that you fell asleep at the laundry, you could also have been considered "impaired" , at least in the states I am familiar with. Consider yourself lucky.. I know you ain't my first choice for who I share the road with.

Yep. Sitting inside the laundry in the same high rise condo I stay in 2 hours after I was pulled over waiting for cloths to dry with the rhythmic sounds of the dryer running sure does make me a danger on the road. You would sound more intelligent if you asked for clarifying questions before opening moving your fingers.

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182772
07/27/24 01:06 PM
07/27/24 01:06 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
He's an angry elf....

Chill out. It's not cool to attack everyone just because they don't want to whine with you.

You got some solid feedback on this thread. Listen to them (except those who are cheering for cops fishing).

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182775
07/27/24 01:11 PM
07/27/24 01:11 PM
WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI

... You would sound more intelligent if you asked for clarifying questions before opening moving your fingers.
I guess I can't argue with your reasoning. I think I just in-voluntarily moved one of my fingers

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182782
07/27/24 01:17 PM
07/27/24 01:17 PM
Indiana
I
ILcooner Offline
trapper
ILcooner  Offline
trapper
I

Indiana
so you did not have a seat belt on while driving and fiddling with your phone/car bluetooth to connect? and it's the cops fault?

LEO is doing his job.

Then you turn it into how much you pay in taxes... crazy

Re: State income generation [Re: T-Rex] #8182784
07/27/24 01:19 PM
07/27/24 01:19 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by T-Rex

... You would sound more intelligent if you asked for clarifying questions before opening moving your fingers.
I guess I can't argue with your reasoning. I think I just in-voluntarily moved one of my fingers

Classy response and expected just like the left when they have no substance or thing of value to add.

Bc how did you make it through law school?

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182796
07/27/24 01:40 PM
07/27/24 01:40 PM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Offline
trapper
ScottW  Offline
trapper
S

Barnum, MN
I get your perspective for sure Steve, this is just one where I fall in the camp of wear it. What really gets me is the folks who say “I don’t wear it because I know someone who would/might have survived by not wearing it.” Nobody can reasonably deny the statistics behind seatbelts. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182804
07/27/24 01:52 PM
07/27/24 01:52 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Secondary offense here like a license plate light you can’t be stopped for it that cuts dome on the fishing BS.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182824
07/27/24 02:22 PM
07/27/24 02:22 PM
Barbour county,WV
O
Oleo Acres Offline
trapper
Oleo Acres  Offline
trapper
O

Barbour county,WV
Scout leader shoulda kniwn the motto-Be Prepared

Re: State income generation [Re: Law Dog] #8182835
07/27/24 02:41 PM
07/27/24 02:41 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Secondary offense here like a license plate light you can’t be stopped for it that cuts dome on the fishing BS.

Seat belts use to be like that here. Also didn't apply to trucks tell a few years after they passed the seat belt law.

For safety and saving life's the best thing would be ban privet owned vehicles and only have mass public transport. Limit gas sale amounts and amount allowed on hand per family. Only allow license people to operate
lawn equipment and other dangerous tools . Would also be good for the green movement sounds like a real win. Thinking I should txt this idea to Kamala and friends.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread