|
Re: fox hay set
[Re: coop]
#8312550
01/14/25 07:56 PM
01/14/25 07:56 PM
|
Joined: Jan 2007
MN
160user
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Jan 2007
MN
|
Quit skimping on the hay. Nice double!
I have nothing clever to put here.
|
|
|
Re: fox hay set
[Re: coop]
#8312556
01/14/25 07:59 PM
01/14/25 07:59 PM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
/AZ
Vinke
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
/AZ
|
That is col,,,, the mice would naturally be under the hay,,,,,,,total…..like…..
Ant Man/ Marty 2028
Quote of the week ,,,,,,, "he looks simple".
|
|
|
Re: fox hay set
[Re: coop]
#8312563
01/14/25 08:05 PM
01/14/25 08:05 PM
|
Joined: Jan 2007
MN
160user
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Jan 2007
MN
|
I don't mean to hijack this with a SERIOUS question, but do you usually set that tight to large objects? I am FAR from an expert canine trapper but I have never had good luck getting red fox to get in that tight. It seems like they get spooky and I have had better luck back 10-15 feet.
I have nothing clever to put here.
|
|
|
Re: fox hay set
[Re: coop]
#8312566
01/14/25 08:07 PM
01/14/25 08:07 PM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
De
coop
OP
trapper
|
OP
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
De
|
Got a couple 50 yds from there out in the wide open on the farm lane... farmer said they were digging in his bales, so........... Here's a no brainer... farm lane, manure shed, crop edge...
Last edited by coop; 01/14/25 08:24 PM.
|
|
|
Re: fox hay set
[Re: coop]
#8312622
01/14/25 08:41 PM
01/14/25 08:41 PM
|
Joined: Jan 2007
MN
160user
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Jan 2007
MN
|
Well, you can't argue with success! Thank you.
I have nothing clever to put here.
|
|
|
Re: fox hay set
[Re: coop]
#8312683
01/14/25 09:25 PM
01/14/25 09:25 PM
|
Joined: May 2009
Maryland's Eastern Shore
mud
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: May 2009
Maryland's Eastern Shore
|
Earlier pic coop? No snow? On the De border here there’s probably 7-8” yet if the snow geese haven’t torn it down to bear earth.
April is autism awareness month. Nearly 1 in every 100 children are born with an autism spectrum disorder.. 1 in 100. Stop and think about it...please
|
|
|
Re: fox hay set
[Re: coop]
#8312799
01/14/25 10:55 PM
01/14/25 10:55 PM
|
Joined: Mar 2011
Vernal, Utah, USA
Dan Barnhurst
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Mar 2011
Vernal, Utah, USA
|
Don't you know you are not supposed to set a trap for canines against something they can't see over:) Nice catches and photo.
Each day is a gift. LIVE IT with gratitude.
|
|
|
Re: fox hay set
[Re: coop]
#8312838
01/14/25 11:43 PM
01/14/25 11:43 PM
|
Joined: Mar 2017
Wy
Giant Sage
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Mar 2017
Wy
|
I've caught maybe a dozen reds in 220s set in baited hay stacks set for coon.
Christ is King
|
|
|
Re: fox hay set
[Re: coop]
#8313001
01/15/25 08:50 AM
01/15/25 08:50 AM
|
Joined: Dec 2011
MT
snowy
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2011
MT
|
You did good. I'm not a canine trapper but have caught a few reds in my life. I loved catching them over a yote.
Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
|
|
|
Re: fox hay set
[Re: coop]
#8313075
01/15/25 10:44 AM
01/15/25 10:44 AM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
De
coop
OP
trapper
|
OP
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
De
|
Mud... pics from maybe 2 -3 weeks ago... I pulled the day before the snow for the year. I drive to every set, 90% farm lanes... try to not make a mess, keeps people happy. That's the 1st appreciable snow we've had in over 3 years according to local meteorologist. DE opened their fox season a month earlier this year, Nov. 1. It gave us a lot more leeway and I didn't hear 1 complaint from deer hunters.
Last edited by coop; 01/15/25 10:50 AM.
|
|
|
Re: fox hay set
[Re: coop]
#8313215
01/15/25 01:39 PM
01/15/25 01:39 PM
|
Joined: May 2009
Maryland's Eastern Shore
mud
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: May 2009
Maryland's Eastern Shore
|
I would have thought that’s too early down here but maybe not.. I still had some with slatey leather until about two weeks back. Only one rubbed bad that looked like she’d been that way for awhile.
April is autism awareness month. Nearly 1 in every 100 children are born with an autism spectrum disorder.. 1 in 100. Stop and think about it...please
|
|
|
Re: fox hay set
[Re: ]
#8313235
01/15/25 02:00 PM
01/15/25 02:00 PM
|
Joined: Sep 2020
Pennsylvania
patrapperbuster
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Sep 2020
Pennsylvania
|
Set on sign, if you are blind setting those big bales I might agree to stay back, but if tracks, turds, digging show up, they can be caught. I am slow sometimes, but not once I see the sign I want. I agree completely! Everything you’ve described shouts they’ve become accumulated to working the bales. I’ve seen it with junk cars years ago. X3 Anything standing out in a field can draw a predators attention. Especially in winter!
TILL THAT DAY.....
When we have to re-write a piece of history, we will no longer have to believe a lie
|
|
|
|
|