No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dang snakes #8634737
07/08/26 11:07 AM
07/08/26 11:07 AM
Joined: Apr 2012
Near Gardiner MT
E
Elkguy Offline OP
trapper
Elkguy  Offline OP
trapper
E

Joined: Apr 2012
Near Gardiner MT
Was moving some junk and stuck my hand right next to a little rattlesnake. He didn’t get me real good but good enough to earn me a night in the hospital and a $22,000 bag of antivenom. I thought it would hurt more but the pain wasn’t bad at all. Hope he’s still there when I get home!

IMG_0775.jpeg

CBCS
Re: Dang snakes [Re: Elkguy] #8634742
07/08/26 11:17 AM
07/08/26 11:17 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
Ouch....Didn't think anti venom was so much....does insurance pay for that? Looks like it worked though!...

Re: Dang snakes [Re: Elkguy] #8634745
07/08/26 11:22 AM
07/08/26 11:22 AM
Joined: Mar 2023
WI
WI Outdoors Offline
trapper
WI Outdoors  Offline
trapper

Joined: Mar 2023
WI
Get well soon

Re: Dang snakes [Re: Elkguy] #8634774
07/08/26 12:16 PM
07/08/26 12:16 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
Sorry about your bad luck. $22,000 for a bag? Wow!


Eh...wot?

Re: Dang snakes [Re: Elkguy] #8634820
07/08/26 02:43 PM
07/08/26 02:43 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Oregon
I just was looking this up as it seems like an outrageous price...but the average hospital stay with anti-venom treatment runs $100,000 for a rattler bite.

Sounds like you got a great deal.

Hospital staff probably hatching out baby rattlers and turning them loose.


My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Dang snakes [Re: Elkguy] #8634916
07/08/26 08:24 PM
07/08/26 08:24 PM
Joined: Mar 2020
Indiana
I
Indiancreek Offline
trapper
Indiancreek  Offline
trapper
I

Joined: Mar 2020
Indiana
My son got nailed by a copperhead last year. 2 vials of CroFab antivenom was $92k not including the ER costs and overnight stay. Luckily insurance covered most of it.

Re: Dang snakes [Re: Elkguy] #8634930
07/08/26 09:19 PM
07/08/26 09:19 PM
Joined: Nov 2012
Frazee, MN
B
backroadsarcher Offline
trapper
backroadsarcher  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Nov 2012
Frazee, MN
Holy cow guys I guess its not a good idea to get bit. Heal up Elkguy. I was in western North Dakota a few years ago and stepped next to a small rattle snake and he missed. Wow, I was real lucky I guess.

Re: Dang snakes [Re: Elkguy] #8634980
07/08/26 11:30 PM
07/08/26 11:30 PM
Joined: May 2009
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: May 2009
Champaign County, Ohio.
I need to start farming pit vipers and milking and selling snake venom.

Keith

Re: Dang snakes [Re: Elkguy] #8634984
07/09/26 12:16 AM
07/09/26 12:16 AM
Joined: Aug 2014
McCurtain Co. Oklahoma
O
OKforester Offline
trapper
OKforester  Offline
trapper
O

Joined: Aug 2014
McCurtain Co. Oklahoma
I know a few instances where the hospital wouldn’t give the patient anti-venom. They said if reaction got serious enough they would give it. Just curious if they gave you the option to take it or you requested it?

Re: Dang snakes [Re: Elkguy] #8634990
07/09/26 02:13 AM
07/09/26 02:13 AM
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
And this is why most southerners don't go to the doc when they get bit lol.


Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton

Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
Re: Dang snakes [Re: Elkguy] #8635006
07/09/26 05:59 AM
07/09/26 05:59 AM
Joined: Feb 2014
East Texas
B
BTLowry Offline
trapper
BTLowry  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Feb 2014
East Texas
Looks like you took a ride in the ambulance, that will likely cost more than that vial of antivenom

Hope you recover quickly

Diamondback or some other variety of rattler?

Re: Dang snakes [Re: Elkguy] #8635055
07/09/26 08:36 AM
07/09/26 08:36 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Maine
Bruce T Online content
trapper
Bruce T  Online Content
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Maine
Dang, get well.


NRA,NTA,MTA,FTA

Proud member of NTA
Re: Dang snakes [Re: Elkguy] #8635068
07/09/26 09:28 AM
07/09/26 09:28 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Dec 2006
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Glad to hear you're on the mend. Continue to heal. Prayer sent.


Grandkids are so much fun. We should have had them first.
Re: Dang snakes [Re: Elkguy] #8635073
07/09/26 09:37 AM
07/09/26 09:37 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

Joined: Dec 2006
williamsburg ks
some snake species its better get to a dr fast no matter the cost unless you are lucky and get a dry bite


Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Dang snakes [Re: KeithC] #8635075
07/09/26 09:39 AM
07/09/26 09:39 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Minnesota
Originally Posted by KeithC
I need to start farming pit vipers and milking and selling snake venom.

Keith

I could See you doing that


NRA Life Member






Re: Dang snakes [Re: Elkguy] #8635076
07/09/26 09:40 AM
07/09/26 09:40 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Minnesota
Originally Posted by Elkguy
Was moving some junk and stuck my hand right next to a little rattlesnake. He didn’t get me real good but good enough to earn me a night in the hospital and a $22,000 bag of antivenom. I thought it would hurt more but the pain wasn’t bad at all. Hope he’s still there when I get home!

Get Well


NRA Life Member






Re: Dang snakes [Re: Elkguy] #8635090
07/09/26 10:01 AM
07/09/26 10:01 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Missouri
M
mississippiposse Offline
trapper
mississippiposse  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Dec 2006
Missouri
Get well

Re: Dang snakes [Re: OKforester] #8635103
07/09/26 10:35 AM
07/09/26 10:35 AM
Joined: Apr 2012
Near Gardiner MT
E
Elkguy Offline OP
trapper
Elkguy  Offline OP
trapper
E

Joined: Apr 2012
Near Gardiner MT
I didn’t get a choice I guess, at least they didn’t say I had a choice. It didn’t seem to be traveling up my arm. Better safe than sorry though.


CBCS
Re: Dang snakes [Re: BTLowry] #8635104
07/09/26 10:38 AM
07/09/26 10:38 AM
Joined: Apr 2012
Near Gardiner MT
E
Elkguy Offline OP
trapper
Elkguy  Offline OP
trapper
E

Joined: Apr 2012
Near Gardiner MT
Originally Posted by BTLowry
Looks like you took a ride in the ambulance, that will likely cost more than that vial of antivenom

Hope you recover quickly

Diamondback or some other variety of rattler?

Our little community has a volunteer fire department and ambulance service so that part was free. Probably going to give them a bigger donation next year!


CBCS
Re: Dang snakes [Re: BTLowry] #8635105
07/09/26 10:39 AM
07/09/26 10:39 AM
Joined: Feb 2018
Hi-Line Montana
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Joined: Feb 2018
Hi-Line Montana
Originally Posted by BTLowry


Diamondback or some other variety of rattler?


We only have prairie rattlers here.


Matthew 5:3-12
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread