|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: Boco]
#8662083
09/16/26 01:06 PM
09/16/26 01:06 PM
|
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
Providence Farm
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
|
PF,I lived thru it,lol. High intrest rates on my stack of bonds paid my first house 80% cash.I never looked back and never had debt in my life afterwards. People with money (the lenders) love high intrest rates. But it has consequences that very negatively effect the avg joe living cheque to cheque when the bubble busts and there is a new reality going forward. Got ya, you confirmed what I said. Conservative savers love high intrest rates when they are actually making good returns on their low risk investment. Where we differ is you think lenders must be the only ones with money. The business owners wanting to finance don't like high rates they also dont like seeing their busines/ profit slow down and decrease when the economy slows down.
|
|
|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: Providence Farm]
#8662088
09/16/26 01:15 PM
09/16/26 01:15 PM
|
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
Boco
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
|
PF,I lived thru it,lol. High intrest rates on my stack of bonds paid my first house 80% cash.I never looked back and never had debt in my life afterwards. People with money (the lenders) love high intrest rates. But it has consequences that very negatively effect the avg joe living cheque to cheque when the bubble busts and there is a new reality going forward. Got ya, you confirmed what I said. Conservative savers love high intrest rates when they are actually making good returns on their low risk investment. Where we differ is you think lenders must be the only ones with money. The business owners wanting to finance don't like high rates they also dont like seeing their busines/ profit slow down and decrease when the economy slows down. The elites are a small pecentage of the population,They are greedy. I wouldnt be surprized if Trump will advocate for high intrest rates soon,he is a greedy MF.
Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
|
|
|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: Foxpaw]
#8662097
09/16/26 01:28 PM
09/16/26 01:28 PM
|
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
Boco
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
|
That was a long time ago,I wouldnt invest in Bonds today. Your Government knows that the bottom is going to drop out of the petrodollar. It is why they are buying up all the gold they can get their hands on.
Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
|
|
|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: Foxpaw]
#8662098
09/16/26 01:29 PM
09/16/26 01:29 PM
|
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
|
As always Boco, you could not be more wrong. Have you missed the part where Trump tried to fire Powell for NOT lowering interest rates? No successful business man wants high interest rates. Not even the ones making the loans. It's more profitable to peddle more loans at lower rates than it is to peddle fewer at higher rates.
You ought to stick to trapping and fur handling because you know nothing about politics and economics.
Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton
Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
|
|
|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: Foxpaw]
#8662099
09/16/26 01:33 PM
09/16/26 01:33 PM
|
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
Boco
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
|
Picked up a new run around car yesterday paid cash. I am no billionaire but I do OK. Hows your broke down nissan coming along Mrs. Wallstreet?,lol.
Last edited by Boco; 09/16/26 01:41 PM.
Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
|
|
|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: KeithC]
#8662101
09/16/26 01:36 PM
09/16/26 01:36 PM
|
Joined: May 2016
Southern Illinois
Foxpaw
OP
trapper
|
OP
trapper
Joined: May 2016
Southern Illinois
|
The Iran war was necessary, because Iran was close to developing nuclear weapons and if they did, the turmoil created would have driven oil prices, much, much higher. Iran should have been decisively dealt with back in 1979.
Keith Simple fix, just give our friends the Saudis a few nuclear weapons and let them handle them. We are their bought and paid for friends, what could go wrong ?
|
|
|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: Boco]
#8662105
09/16/26 01:48 PM
09/16/26 01:48 PM
|
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
|
Picked up a new run around car yesterday paid cash. I am no billionaire but I do OK. Hows your broke down nissan coming along Mrs. Wallstreet?,lol. [/img]
Junked it. Bought this instead. ![[Linked Image]](https://trapperman.com/forum/attachments/usergals/2026/08/full-20923-299132-20260817_131754.jpg)
Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton
Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
|
|
|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: Boco]
#8662108
09/16/26 01:54 PM
09/16/26 01:54 PM
|
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
Providence Farm
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
|
Picked up a new run around car yesterday paid cash. I am no billionaire but I do OK. Hows your broke down nissan coming along Mrs. Wallstreet?,lol. I would hope you have acquired more assets at the end of your life than people in there 40s. I suspect that old Nissan is just transportation that meets yotetraps needs and the savings over blowing it on a new vehicle that does nothing fills the same needs is geting invested into assets that will by the time she is your age grow to eclipse what you think you are worth.
|
|
|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: KeithC]
#8662110
09/16/26 01:55 PM
09/16/26 01:55 PM
|
Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Yes sir
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
|
The Iran war was necessary, because Iran was close to developing nuclear weapons and if they did, the turmoil created would have driven oil prices, much, much higher. Iran should have been decisively dealt with back in 1979.
Keith I agree it was necessary because if Iran got nuclear weapons they would control the Strait and we are learning how important globally that is right now. If they controlled the straight Russia and China would use them to have more global power. Not good for those who enjoy freedom.
|
|
|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: Foxpaw]
#8662112
09/16/26 01:57 PM
09/16/26 01:57 PM
|
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
Boco
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
|
OK,lol. I have no investments at all.Exception would be the sweat equity in my trapping grounds. I am trying to spend as much as I can or give it away to family before I tip over. Its rough though because everything I enjoy doing seems to flood me with more money.
Last edited by Boco; 09/16/26 02:01 PM.
Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
|
|
|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: Foxpaw]
#8662119
09/16/26 02:09 PM
09/16/26 02:09 PM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Magna, Utah
GritGuy
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
Magna, Utah
|
This strait problem will go on indefinitely, as long as Iran has the capability to make users nervous enough to be forced to pay to get thru it, that will have an affect on oil movement which has an affect globally, unfortunately that keeps us in the ride to watch over it, which then brings our dollars into the picture.
It's never just one simple fix, however this could have been prevent many years ago, but to many presidents did not want to move away from their cash flows coming in, so here are now dealing with the same thing continually !!
![[Linked Image]](http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniDial_both/language/www/US/UT/Magna.gif) Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !
|
|
|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: Foxpaw]
#8662126
09/16/26 02:22 PM
09/16/26 02:22 PM
|
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
|
So......has Trump slammed Warsh on Truth Social yet? lol.
Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton
Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
|
|
|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: Boco]
#8662128
09/16/26 02:28 PM
09/16/26 02:28 PM
|
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
Providence Farm
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
|
OK,lol. I have no investments at all.Exception would be the sweat equity in my trapping grounds. I am trying to spend as much as I can or give it away to family before I tip over. Its rough though because everything I enjoy doing seems to flood me with more money. Some people just have all the luck like that!!
|
|
|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: Foxpaw]
#8662131
09/16/26 02:34 PM
09/16/26 02:34 PM
|
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
Boco
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
|
Well,there you go; On the news right now one of Trumps flunkies raising intrest rates. Trump pretending to go against it to assuage voter base,lol. 4% now and soon to go higher.
Last edited by Boco; 09/16/26 02:35 PM.
Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
|
|
|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: Boco]
#8662134
09/16/26 02:40 PM
09/16/26 02:40 PM
|
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
Providence Farm
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
|
Well,there you go; On the news right now one of Trumps flunkies raising intrest rates. Trump pretending to go against it to assuage voter base,lol. 4% now and soon to go higher. Well I will make a few more pennies in my cash shavings accounts on the cash thats waiting on the next dip.
|
|
|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: Foxpaw]
#8662137
09/16/26 02:45 PM
09/16/26 02:45 PM
|
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
Boco
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
|
You will loose money holding cash.Inflation will eat it all up.Money is useless if you dont spend it.Just a piece of paper like an IOU. Buy some useful stuff and enjoy the fruits of your labour while you still can.
Last edited by Boco; 09/16/26 02:46 PM.
Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
|
|
|
Re: Higher interest will save us?
[Re: Yes sir]
#8662140
09/16/26 02:52 PM
09/16/26 02:52 PM
|
Joined: May 2016
Southern Illinois
Foxpaw
OP
trapper
|
OP
trapper
Joined: May 2016
Southern Illinois
|
Id start with social programs and subsidies to the private sector and subsidies to foreign countries. Im not sure our philosophy has been inflation is good as much as spending and socialism is good. Inflation is just a result of those. Hopefully he won't shut the gravy train off until my wife and I get our $5000 each. That way she will have $10,000 to bury me all proper in a good hiding place!
|
|
|
|
|