|
Re: Broadheads
[Re: cmj]
#8662267
09/16/26 06:18 PM
09/16/26 06:18 PM
|
Joined: Nov 2014
S. Illinois
Chuckles84
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Nov 2014
S. Illinois
|
Check out magnus broadheads. Made in USA! Not China And lifetime warranty, my shot a deer and bent the blade up. All it cost him was the shipping to send it back and they mailed him a brand new replacement
Your entitled to oxygen. Everything else is earned.
|
|
|
Re: Broadheads
[Re: Bear Tracker]
#8662386
09/16/26 09:26 PM
09/16/26 09:26 PM
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Killingly, CT
Brian Mongeau
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Feb 2007
Killingly, CT
|
Simple Zwickey Eskimo for 40 plus years. Cut on contact, hand sharpen. Other than operator error they have never failed. And unlike the Magnus Stinger, the tip doesn't curl on every shot. I use the Zwickey Eskilite. I shot two deer last year with a kayuga pilot cut Gen II. Devastating single bevel, but weak blood trails.
|
|
|
Re: Broadheads
[Re: midlander]
#8662435
09/16/26 10:23 PM
09/16/26 10:23 PM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Maine
Bruce T
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Maine
|
Never been a Rage fan. They work fine once...and only once. I think their ferrels are made out of recycled pepsi cans. Never been able to use one twice and thats not acceptable for the price. The Grim Reapers ive had can be used over and over. On rare occasion, I may have to change a blade, but never a bent ferrel. Just my experience, others may disagree.
I do have an unopened package of 3 Nap Spitfires that I ran across at an estate sale for $3 dollars. Havent tried them yet, but for that price, I grabbed them. I'm just the opposite.I only use a broadhead once.I want a new broadhead for the next deer.I use the used ones for practice shots just before hunting
NRA,NTA,MTA,FTA
Proud member of NTA
|
|
|
Re: Broadheads
[Re: Bruce T]
#8662441
09/16/26 10:30 PM
09/16/26 10:30 PM
|
Joined: Nov 2012
midland, michigan
midlander
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Nov 2012
midland, michigan
|
Never been a Rage fan. They work fine once...and only once. I think their ferrels are made out of recycled pepsi cans. Never been able to use one twice and thats not acceptable for the price. The Grim Reapers ive had can be used over and over. On rare occasion, I may have to change a blade, but never a bent ferrel. Just my experience, others may disagree.
I do have an unopened package of 3 Nap Spitfires that I ran across at an estate sale for $3 dollars. Havent tried them yet, but for that price, I grabbed them. I'm just the opposite.I only use a broadhead once.I want a new broadhead for the next deer.I use the used ones for practice shots just before hunting Nothing wrong with that, Bruce. Im just a frugal rascal and if I can reuse them, I will. Some 2000 grit wet sandpaper and those blades are right back to cuttin' sharp.
|
|
|
Re: Broadheads
[Re: Brian Mongeau]
#8662875
09/17/26 06:19 PM
09/17/26 06:19 PM
|
Joined: Dec 2007
barton county kansas
Sasquatch91
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2007
barton county kansas
|
Simple Zwickey Eskimo for 40 plus years. Cut on contact, hand sharpen. Other than operator error they have never failed. And unlike the Magnus Stinger, the tip doesn't curl on every shot. I use the Zwickey Eskilite. I shot two deer last year with a kayuga pilot cut Gen II. Devastating single bevel, but weak blood trails. Never had a tip curl on my magnus!
"You skin that one pilgrim."
|
|
|
Re: Broadheads
[Re: Bruce T]
#8662881
09/17/26 06:32 PM
09/17/26 06:32 PM
|
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
Providence Farm
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
|
Never been a Rage fan. They work fine once...and only once. I think their ferrels are made out of recycled pepsi cans. Never been able to use one twice and thats not acceptable for the price. The Grim Reapers ive had can be used over and over. On rare occasion, I may have to change a blade, but never a bent ferrel. Just my experience, others may disagree.
I do have an unopened package of 3 Nap Spitfires that I ran across at an estate sale for $3 dollars. Havent tried them yet, but for that price, I grabbed them. I'm just the opposite.I only use a broadhead once.I want a new broadhead for the next deer.I use the used ones for practice shots just before hunting Heck I used to use the same arrow and head on deer untill I lost it or the arrow bent or broke. I think I had up to 4 on one once. Back when aluminum or wood was it. But as a kid we were poor and I bought all my hunting equipment myself. I turnd them into a my lucky arrow along with my lucky hat kind of thing. Im not sure I trust carbon after its gone through a deer and typically retire them.
|
|
|
Re: Broadheads
[Re: 330-Trapper]
#8663100
09/18/26 03:08 AM
09/18/26 03:08 AM
|
Joined: Dec 2007
barton county kansas
Sasquatch91
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2007
barton county kansas
|
Always use a sharp broadhead, its ok to shoot a used head just sharpen it. You owe it to that animal for a quick humane kill. Dull broadheads dont cut wortha dang.
"You skin that one pilgrim."
|
|
|
|
|