No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663619
09/18/26 11:27 PM
09/18/26 11:27 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Craigmont, Idaho
M
marty weatherup Offline
trapper
marty weatherup  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Aug 2011
Craigmont, Idaho
Poly fill for me.


Trail cameras and fresh snow have broke a lot of trapper’s hearts.
Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663621
09/18/26 11:37 PM
09/18/26 11:37 PM
Joined: Oct 2023
OR
W
wws Offline
trapper
wws  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Oct 2023
OR
I use poly fill, But I use quilt batting, you buy it at craft stores. I buy a yard at a time, it's like 4 feet wide. I lay a straight edge on it and sharpy lines about 2x2. cut it into squares its 3/4 " thick works great. I can use it on about every size trap, it's cheap, only draw back I see is a coon or coyote will destroy them, but hey at a couple cents apiece who cares.

wws

Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663695
09/19/26 08:20 AM
09/19/26 08:20 AM
Joined: Aug 2010
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Aug 2010
PA
Usually peat or nothing. In good soil, you don't really need pan covers, or plugs. In sand, different story.


Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663712
09/19/26 08:58 AM
09/19/26 08:58 AM
Joined: Dec 2016
Jackson Co, KS
N
NEYotetrapper Offline
trapper
NEYotetrapper  Offline
trapper
N

Joined: Dec 2016
Jackson Co, KS
Polyfill here for so long now I dont ever remember using anything else.

Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663733
09/19/26 10:09 AM
09/19/26 10:09 AM
Joined: Jul 2017
South Texas Brush Country
TEJAS Offline
trapper
TEJAS  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jul 2017
South Texas Brush Country


Originally Posted by ColdspringKidd
Polyfill or Winder Screen ?
.. what do ya’ll prefer?


Neither

Pan covers are a joke where coons and wise-guy coyotes are concerned.

Poly works much better, but it's just a bit too time consuming for me.

I'd been using DIY foam pads for quite a few years before I posted it up on T-Man.


DIY PAN PADS





Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663737
09/19/26 10:22 AM
09/19/26 10:22 AM
Joined: Oct 2017
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

Joined: Oct 2017
perry co.Pa
Nothing
I trap mostly frozen ground so I have a system that works for me
Salt is my friend grin

Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663797
09/19/26 02:43 PM
09/19/26 02:43 PM
Joined: Mar 2009
Deer lodge, MT
D
Dean Chapel Offline
trapper
Dean Chapel  Offline
trapper
D

Joined: Mar 2009
Deer lodge, MT
Like polyfill, but it does cost me cats and coyotes over wire screen. Polyfill is sure fast and easy though. Use it still on #2 duke round jaws and smaller traps.

Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663818
09/19/26 03:44 PM
09/19/26 03:44 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Illinois
foxkidd44 Offline
trapper
foxkidd44  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jun 2007
Illinois
I use coffee filters.
I did use poly fill until I got a batch that was contaminated with some foreign smells.. ( not my doing) and my sets kept getting dug out..took a little bit of detective work to find out what in hades was going on.
I’ve never had issues YET from coffee filters.
I know some folks like cupcake papers.


Stand by your principles, Stand by your guns, and victory complete and permanent is sure at last.
Abraham Lincoln
Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663939
09/19/26 08:34 PM
09/19/26 08:34 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Virginia
5
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper
5

Joined: Jan 2014
Virginia
I trap mostly in pure sand. Wind driven sand migrates into the poly fill and the trap won't fire I now use coffee filters. I like the big brown ones.

Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663961
09/19/26 08:58 PM
09/19/26 08:58 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Pa
W
Wright Brothers Offline
trapper
Wright Brothers  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Dec 2006
Pa
Big traps that might soak a while, steel screen.
Sometimes natural under or over,
sometimes nothing.
I've had my fill of poly.

Everyone should trap
freeze thaw rain freeze snow,
at least one season.





Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread