No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Finally Did It..... [Re: wissmiss] #8665129
09/21/26 10:51 PM
09/21/26 10:51 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline OP
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline OP
trapper
M

Joined: Jan 2007
Wisconsin
Originally Posted by wissmiss
You will be so busy doing things you have always thought about doing, that you will wish you had retired 10 years ago!!

Was it 52 years all at the same job? If so, that is impressive. Hope that company can manage without you.

Best wishes!!


Well I worked for 37 years in a residential treatment center for kids with developmental disabilities. Then we got a new C.E.O. who was the opposite of how I dealt with staff and poof...I was gone. Wound up getting head--hunted by the technical school here doing student support and teaching interview skills, etc. for about 4 years. Then got hired by the State of Wisconsin helping folks develop their Resumes, find jobs, etc. The good days always outweighed the bad and I was able to use the skills I had to help folks get themselves out of the holes they had fallen into and get on with a life that can be really good...like mine!

Now for the next chapter...

Moosetrot

Re: Finally Did It..... [Re: Moosetrot] #8665137
09/21/26 11:09 PM
09/21/26 11:09 PM
Joined: May 2011
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: May 2011
Montana
Excellent enjoy


Let me sugar coat this
Re: Finally Did It..... [Re: Moosetrot] #8665141
09/21/26 11:20 PM
09/21/26 11:20 PM
Joined: Dec 2021
Alaska
T
Tundra1 Offline
trapper
Tundra1  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Dec 2021
Alaska
Congrats, Moose!

Re: Finally Did It..... [Re: Moosetrot] #8665153
09/21/26 11:49 PM
09/21/26 11:49 PM
Joined: Dec 2022
North Central WA.
J
Jingles Offline
trapper
Jingles  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Dec 2022
North Central WA.
Congrats on the official retirement, even though those that have gone before can attest that it doesn't mean the work slacks off


No man is entitled to the Blessings of Freedom unless he be vigilant in it's preservation
D. MacArthur
Re: Finally Did It..... [Re: Moosetrot] #8665181
09/22/26 06:18 AM
09/22/26 06:18 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
Congratulations Moosetrot!


Eh...wot?

Re: Finally Did It..... [Re: Moosetrot] #8665184
09/22/26 06:26 AM
09/22/26 06:26 AM
Joined: Dec 2011
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

Joined: Dec 2011
MT
Congratulations. Can't buy back time enjoy every minute life goes by fast.


Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Finally Did It..... [Re: Moosetrot] #8665187
09/22/26 06:33 AM
09/22/26 06:33 AM
Joined: Nov 2025
Holmes co. Oh.
S
Skippy 1 Offline
trapper
Skippy 1  Offline
trapper
S

Joined: Nov 2025
Holmes co. Oh.
Just sit back and enjoy the first week then get busy doing what you want when you want. Good luck and God Bless.

Re: Finally Did It..... [Re: Moosetrot] #8665260
09/22/26 10:03 AM
09/22/26 10:03 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline OP
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline OP
trapper
M

Joined: Jan 2007
Wisconsin
Thanks for all the good wishes. folks. Have to admit it feels kind of weird today to spend time on Trapperman in the morning without feeling like I have to get to work. Life is good and I certainly will enjoy the time to take part in it fully.

Moosetrot

Re: Finally Did It..... [Re: Moosetrot] #8665282
09/22/26 10:44 AM
09/22/26 10:44 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Minnesota
Congratulations You two deserve it.

Keep us informed on the New Rifle

What are you hoping to find?


NRA Life Member






Re: Finally Did It..... [Re: 330-Trapper] #8665286
09/22/26 10:59 AM
09/22/26 10:59 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline OP
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline OP
trapper
M

Joined: Jan 2007
Wisconsin
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Congratulations You two deserve it.

Keep us informed on the New Rifle

What are you hoping to find?


Not even sure at this point. I already have many, many guns of all types. Been thinking about .45/70 but not sure my shoulder can take the pounding anymore. Henry has some nice ones. Also been thinking about a .22 magnum as I have always wanted to try calling coon. Been looking at the Savage A22 Mag but also the basic Henry. I don't have a 44 mag revolver but have a Dan Wesson .357 mag that I can shoot very well. Thinking about the Taurus Hunter 44 with a 4" barrel in a horizontal chest holster for easy draw while hunting with rifles.

I think what I am going to have to do is hang out in gun shops and shows and when something catches my eye I will buy it. Tough spot to be in, eh?

Moosetrot

Re: Finally Did It..... [Re: Moosetrot] #8665585
09/22/26 09:12 PM
09/22/26 09:12 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Province of Ontario, Canada
H
Hunter 1 Offline
trapper
Hunter 1  Offline
trapper
H

Joined: Mar 2010
Province of Ontario, Canada
Congratulations !

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread