No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
First Bull #8667513
09/27/26 12:22 PM
09/27/26 12:22 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Assawoman, VA
MD22-250WV Offline OP
trapper
MD22-250WV  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jul 2007
Assawoman, VA
I got back in yesterday from Wyoming, hunted the last few days of archery, and had some close calls, but connected with this bull the first day of rifle season in the timber. Beautiful country out there; the only negative is that every time I travel out west, I want to pack up everything I own and move. I've killed a couple of cow elk before but was very blessed to get this bull with a Non-resident general tag on public land.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by MD22-250WV; 09/27/26 12:23 PM.

Rifle builder
Shotgun doctor
Trapper when I have time
Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667521
09/27/26 12:34 PM
09/27/26 12:34 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Jan 2007
Wisconsin
Nice one! Way to go!

Moosetrot

Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667524
09/27/26 12:39 PM
09/27/26 12:39 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2014
Central Oregon
Awesome !!


The Vink for chief moderator....night shift ...11pm- 5am best coast time zone.....Free Marty


Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667566
09/27/26 01:59 PM
09/27/26 01:59 PM
Joined: Mar 2020
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

Joined: Mar 2020
W NY
Super!.....I mean supper! ......BOTH!!


NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667569
09/27/26 02:00 PM
09/27/26 02:00 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Joined: Dec 2009
The Hill Country of Texas
Gpod one!


What"s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers


Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667571
09/27/26 02:05 PM
09/27/26 02:05 PM
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
Really nice congratulations. I always feared if I ever got to get out west I wouldn't want to come back. Looks like I will have the freedom to move within a year or so. Now I dont habe a body where I could fully enjoy it. But moving could get me out of the summer heat that has been causing me more issues. .

Congratulations again.

Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667597
09/27/26 03:05 PM
09/27/26 03:05 PM
Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
trapper
Yes sir  Offline
trapper
Y

Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Congratulations..... im a bit jealous

Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667647
09/27/26 04:52 PM
09/27/26 04:52 PM
Joined: May 2013
Northern Michigan
J
J.Morse Offline
trapper
J.Morse  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: May 2013
Northern Michigan
Congratulations, that is a great bull.....even if you have kilt dozens!


Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667649
09/27/26 04:54 PM
09/27/26 04:54 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Blackduck Minnesota
B
Big Sam Online content
trapper
Big Sam  Online Content
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2012
Blackduck Minnesota
Fantastic! Congratulations to you!



Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667652
09/27/26 04:58 PM
09/27/26 04:58 PM
Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
ColdspringKidd Offline
trapper
ColdspringKidd  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
… looks like a goodun

Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667693
09/27/26 06:08 PM
09/27/26 06:08 PM
Joined: Nov 2025
Holmes co. Oh.
S
Skippy 1 Offline
trapper
Skippy 1  Offline
trapper
S

Joined: Nov 2025
Holmes co. Oh.
That sure is a nice one.


In my defense I was left Unsupervised
Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667785
09/27/26 08:41 PM
09/27/26 08:41 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
S
Sask hunter Offline
trapper
Sask hunter  Offline
trapper
S

Joined: Nov 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
Congrats!

Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667786
09/27/26 08:43 PM
09/27/26 08:43 PM
Joined: Feb 2015
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Feb 2015
Iowa
Well done!


American Karens - not a fan
Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667888
09/28/26 05:47 AM
09/28/26 05:47 AM
Joined: Feb 2014
East Texas
B
BTLowry Offline
trapper
BTLowry  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Feb 2014
East Texas
Nice

Had a great trip to MT earlier in the month but ended up with tag soup.

had some close encounters with several elk
Experience of being in the mountains for nearly 2 weeks was worth every dime spent though.

I think my goal is going to be to apply every year from now until I can't physically do it anymore and try like (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) to be in the mountains somewhere every year

Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667894
09/28/26 06:07 AM
09/28/26 06:07 AM
Joined: Nov 2011
Mn
W
Whopper Stopper Offline
trapper
Whopper Stopper  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Nov 2011
Mn
Congratulations!

WS

Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667906
09/28/26 06:43 AM
09/28/26 06:43 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Slaughter Slough, MN
Dead Coyote Offline
trapper
Dead Coyote  Offline
trapper

Joined: Feb 2007
Slaughter Slough, MN
Congratulations Nice Bull!


Live everyday like it is the last day of your life!
MJPPTA 1%
Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667928
09/28/26 07:21 AM
09/28/26 07:21 AM
Joined: Dec 2011
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

Joined: Dec 2011
MT
You did great!


Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667929
09/28/26 07:23 AM
09/28/26 07:23 AM
Joined: Mar 2012
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

Joined: Mar 2012
meadowview, Virginia
Nice bull and on done DIY on public. Something to be proud of.

Re: First Bull [Re: MD22-250WV] #8667948
09/28/26 08:11 AM
09/28/26 08:11 AM
Joined: Dec 2012
NC - Here there and everywhere
C
coondagger2 Offline
"Brat"
coondagger2  Offline
"Brat"
C

Joined: Dec 2012
NC - Here there and everywhere
Great job! I bought my first preference point to Wyoming this fall. I think I'll be able to draw a general tag sometime around 2031


Gotta live up to the nickname...
Re: First Bull [Re: coondagger2] #8667952
09/28/26 08:22 AM
09/28/26 08:22 AM
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
Originally Posted by coondagger2
Great job! I bought my first preference point to Wyoming this fall. I think I'll be able to draw a general tag sometime around 2031


I was going to start puting in for points in a few states each year for myself and the boys to get them a head start. Currently puting in for myself will be a wast of time. I dont believe I will be up to going on a back country outing unless it wont require a lot of walking.


Sounds like a good plan to start puting in years in advance even when the trip seems like a distant dream. A friend just went on a hunt I think in Colorado that required 30 years worth of points. Killed one nice bull and saw a lot of big ones. Said there were so many big bulls there you really had to look over the racks for broken off tines since there were so many nice bulls around to fight and get busted up by.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread