No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8668812
09/30/26 07:54 AM
09/30/26 07:54 AM
Joined: Oct 2009
east central WI
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper

Joined: Oct 2009
east central WI
Originally Posted by ColdspringKidd
Originally Posted by k snow
Deep tissue massage and a really good chiropractor fixed mine. Took several months, and still needs maintenance stretching from time to time.


… yeah chiropractor… not sure about the wolfer nation deep massage though

…. I got in a bind with my lower back …. Couldn’t stand upright… pecker went numb… not much feeling in my legs

…went to the cowboy chiropractor in town

… he jumped on my legs and made my hips pop

… I threatened to fight him and almost didn’t pay him … told him my hips ain’t the problem … my low back is

… he said give it overnight and you’ll be in here thankin me tomorrow

… he was right…. Felt like a new man the next day


I was VERY skeptical about massage, but my chiro recommended it.
I get one every 5 weeks now, really helps with recovery and to keep the little pains and aches from getting out of control.


"in the midst of a savage wilderness to depend entirely upon their unassisted strength and hardihood"
Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8668814
09/30/26 08:00 AM
09/30/26 08:00 AM
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by ColdspringKidd
Originally Posted by k snow
Deep tissue massage and a really good chiropractor fixed mine. Took several months, and still needs maintenance stretching from time to time.


… yeah chiropractor… not sure about the wolfer nation deep massage though

…. I got in a bind with my lower back …. Couldn’t stand upright… pecker went numb… not much feeling in my legs

…went to the cowboy chiropractor in town

… he jumped on my legs and made my hips pop

… I threatened to fight him and almost didn’t pay him … told him my hips ain’t the problem … my low back is

… he said give it overnight and you’ll be in here thankin me tomorrow

… he was right…. Felt like a new man the next day


LOL how did I miss this gem of a post??? Glad he fixed your numb pecker lmao


Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton

Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668826
09/30/26 08:32 AM
09/30/26 08:32 AM
Joined: Dec 2011
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

Joined: Dec 2011
MT
When your middle leg goes numb, it is time to see a professional.


Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668879
09/30/26 11:38 AM
09/30/26 11:38 AM
Joined: Jun 2008
el vado, nm
T
Tom Fisher Offline
trapper
Tom Fisher  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Jun 2008
el vado, nm
Some days hurt more than others, I get moving and take a few pills things get better! Went to a bunch of Doctors for my feet, back and all the other parts no more. I try not to look too far down the trail.

Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668885
09/30/26 12:07 PM
09/30/26 12:07 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Oregon
There's that "Beth" mean streak showing up....LOL


My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8668976
09/30/26 05:26 PM
09/30/26 05:26 PM
Joined: Dec 2013
central IA
B
bodycount Offline
trapper
bodycount  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Dec 2013
central IA
A laminectomy cured my back pain. Surgery is sometimes the way to go. I know going under the knife is unpleasant .

Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8669153
10/01/26 08:01 AM
10/01/26 08:01 AM
Joined: Sep 2008
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Sep 2008
NC
I found these three stretches in numerous YouTube videos as the chiropractor recommended stretches to give some relief. Steady stretches. No bouncing.

1. Pigeon Stretch. 1 minute timed. Each leg.
2. Laying on you back and pulling your knees to your chest. 1 minute timed each leg.
3. Butterfly stretch. 1-2 minutes timed.

I do these over and over on a night before I go to bed when I have this pan. Helps tremendously for me. I hope it helps you. That pigeon stretch is no joke.

The worst stretch you can do for sciatica is touching your toes straight legged.


How many lies will people believe before they realize their own idiocy?
Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8669168
10/01/26 08:48 AM
10/01/26 08:48 AM
Joined: Dec 2012
Ohio
C
Cooncreek II Offline OP
trapper
Cooncreek II  Offline OP
trapper
C

Joined: Dec 2012
Ohio
I'll have to try these, headed back to the Dr this morning and see where we go from here.
This stuff is no joke for sure

Re: Sciatic nerve pain [Re: Cooncreek II] #8669196
10/01/26 10:16 AM
10/01/26 10:16 AM
Joined: Jan 2012
Ohio, 48yo
OhioBoy Offline
trapper
OhioBoy  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2012
Ohio, 48yo

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread