No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Any one take Venmo? #8668460
09/29/26 01:36 PM
09/29/26 01:36 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline OP
trapper
wissmiss  Offline OP
trapper
W

Joined: Jan 2007
north Idaho
I have customers asking if I take Venmo. So far I’ve only taken PayPal. I’ve heard some negative things about Venmo.

Any one take Venmo as payment? Is it safe? Any problems?

Thanks for your input. smile


www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668464
09/29/26 01:45 PM
09/29/26 01:45 PM
Joined: May 2013
Northern Michigan
J
J.Morse Offline
trapper
J.Morse  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: May 2013
Northern Michigan
I know nothing first hand, but my All Purpose Boy and his Bride use it. They have a small campfirewood trailer at the end of the driveway from Memorial Day through Labor Day. There is a cash box as well, but most of the people (99% urbanites) do the Venmo scan. No trouble so far....two seasons in.


Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668471
09/29/26 01:53 PM
09/29/26 01:53 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2007
Georgia
I've had quite a few ask but I figure I got enough methods with check, cash, credit, first born.

Noticed that it is mostly one demographic that asks. Figure it's true that Fannie was right and Atlanta blacks do keep a ready cash account as many do pay in cash as well.


[Linked Image]
Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668487
09/29/26 02:21 PM
09/29/26 02:21 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
AR
T
TurkeyWrangler Online content
trapper
TurkeyWrangler  Online Content
trapper
T

Joined: Dec 2006
AR
We get more people asking about cash app. Wife finally signed up for it. Only had one issue with someone trying to reverse a payment. That didn't work out so well for them.

Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668494
09/29/26 02:37 PM
09/29/26 02:37 PM
Joined: Aug 2007
Midland, Michigan
Rusty Axe Camp Offline
trapper
Rusty Axe Camp  Offline
trapper

Joined: Aug 2007
Midland, Michigan
I use paypal and venmo probably 3+ times a week. Super easy and never had an issue.


[Linked Image]

Erik Johnson
Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668496
09/29/26 02:45 PM
09/29/26 02:45 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Joined: Aug 2010
Asheville, NC
Wife uses it among friends. I don’t have a clue.

Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668504
09/29/26 02:54 PM
09/29/26 02:54 PM
Joined: Nov 2013
texas
L
la4wd54 Offline
trapper
la4wd54  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Nov 2013
texas
Use Venmo and cashapp, no issues so far.

Last edited by la4wd54; 09/29/26 02:55 PM.
Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668509
09/29/26 02:59 PM
09/29/26 02:59 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
I've been asked, but I don't have it, don't want it, and won't use it, lol...nothing wrong with cash...

Seems like the young gen z'rs use it a lot...

Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668512
09/29/26 03:05 PM
09/29/26 03:05 PM
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
Wife takes venmo and pay pal for the farm and her face painting. The boys have lawn customers that like to pay with it. No problem so far

Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668539
09/29/26 04:03 PM
09/29/26 04:03 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Tug Hills, NY
B
Bass1 Offline
trapper
Bass1  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Jan 2009
Tug Hills, NY
I do when customers ask. Super easy and have not had an issue, ever. It's my go to method if I want to send cash to my daughters or friends. As long as they keep it in their Venmo account it is free.

Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668541
09/29/26 04:13 PM
09/29/26 04:13 PM
Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
ColdspringKidd Offline
trapper
ColdspringKidd  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
…. My wife has it …. I sold a bunch of wildcat hides to a buyer in Oregon .. sent him a screenshot of QR code of her Venmo and the money went into our checking account no problem

Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668542
09/29/26 04:17 PM
09/29/26 04:17 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Wisconsin
L
Lance Squires Offline
trapper
Lance Squires  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Jan 2007
Wisconsin
I've used Venmo for years and have never had any problems.


59 years trapping. It's who I am. Every day is still as exciting as it was when I was a kid but a little more work.
Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668543
09/29/26 04:19 PM
09/29/26 04:19 PM
Joined: May 2009
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: May 2009
Champaign County, Ohio.
For our nursery, at sales, we take Venmo, Cash App, Zelle and PayPal, but mostly cash. I prefer not to use PayPal because of the fees.

Keith

Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668544
09/29/26 04:24 PM
09/29/26 04:24 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
NC - Here there and everywhere
C
coondagger2 Offline
"Brat"
coondagger2  Offline
"Brat"
C

Joined: Dec 2012
NC - Here there and everywhere
I can vouch for ColdSpringKidd's wife being an honest Venmo user


Gotta live up to the nickname...
Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668545
09/29/26 04:27 PM
09/29/26 04:27 PM
Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
ColdspringKidd Offline
trapper
ColdspringKidd  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
…I remember that …. Those were some dang good 410 loads you worked up

Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668576
09/29/26 05:36 PM
09/29/26 05:36 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline OP
trapper
wissmiss  Offline OP
trapper
W

Joined: Jan 2007
north Idaho
Thanks for the input. Sounds like I should add it to my business. I’m old fashion, slightly suspicious of all this “new technology”.

I still have a few customers that send me a paper check. That works too. LOL


www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668591
09/29/26 06:38 PM
09/29/26 06:38 PM
Joined: Aug 2014
PA
M
Marathon Offline
trapper
Marathon  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Aug 2014
PA
I do, and I wish vendors at rondy's would use it or some other cash app. I think it would be wise with the younger generation attending shows and shopping on line. It's easy and fast. You see money deposited/debited in seconds. With venmo, you get a QR code that shoppers can scan and pay instantly.

Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668593
09/29/26 06:51 PM
09/29/26 06:51 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
L
Lugnut Online content
trapper
Lugnut  Online Content
trapper
L

Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
Venmo is owned by PayPal. I always use PayPal but my wife and children use Venmo. They all have PayPal, but don’t like using it for some reason.

My oldest currently lives in Santiago, Chile. She keeps a vehicle at my house for when she comes home. I get it inspected and do maintenance on it and she pays me what it cost me to do that. It’s sort of a PITA because she doesn’t like using PayPal and I don’t like using Venmo. Sometimes I just keep a running tab and have her pay me when she comes home. LOL

She did use PayPal the last time, but got charged for it because she forgot to use “friends and family.” now she really doesn’t like using it. She says Venmo never charges for money transfers.

I do you have a Venmo account, but it’s been so long since I’ve used it that I forgot my login information. From what they tell me, it works pretty much the same as PayPal. I really don’t see a reason to have more than one money app.


Eh...wot?

Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: wissmiss] #8668595
09/29/26 06:55 PM
09/29/26 06:55 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
L
Lugnut Online content
trapper
Lugnut  Online Content
trapper
L

Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
My customers pay me with cash or checks. One prefers doing wire transfers, which is OK with me, but my bank charges me $12 to receive them.


Eh...wot?

Re: Any one take Venmo? [Re: Lugnut] #8668614
09/29/26 07:39 PM
09/29/26 07:39 PM
Joined: Mar 2020
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

Joined: Mar 2020
W NY
Originally Posted by Lugnut
My customers pay me with cash or checks. One prefers doing wire transfers, which is OK with me, but my bank charges me $12 to receive them.

Im a cash and check guy too


NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread