Strictly Trapping


No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)



TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum



Print Thread
Hop To
How many? #8669402
10/01/26 08:16 PM
10/01/26 08:16 PM
Joined: Nov 2013
northern indiana
son-of-grizz Offline OP
trapper
son-of-grizz  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Nov 2013
northern indiana
How many traps are to many in a 50 acre field? I've trapped this same field for many years and have caught coyotes in three different spots. So if I put 2 traps at each spot would that be too much? If not should I use different lures and bait at each place?

Re: How many? [Re: son-of-grizz] #8669513
10/02/26 06:52 AM
10/02/26 06:52 AM
Joined: Feb 2014
East Texas
B
BTLowry Offline
trapper
BTLowry  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Feb 2014
East Texas
I trap a 47ac place and there are times I have as many as 8 out.

Put traps where you think you will catch a coyote and don't worry about the total number

Last edited by BTLowry; 10/02/26 06:53 AM.
Re: How many? [Re: son-of-grizz] #8669551
10/02/26 09:01 AM
10/02/26 09:01 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Rodney,Ohio
Depends on the character of the field.



Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter 

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1