No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Getting Closer #8669638
Yesterday at 01:49 PM
Yesterday at 01:49 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Ames, IA
MikeTraps2 Offline OP
trapper
MikeTraps2  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Ames, IA
I know it's no secret that I collect books, a lot of books!

Welli was informed earlier this year that 1000 volumes are considered a library. Well, I am at 975 books right now and expect to hit the library mark by this time next year. I never intended to do build my own library when I started in 1997, but well it's fun, and I learn so much.

Just thought I'd share laugh - Mike


Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Getting Closer [Re: MikeTraps2] #8669704
Yesterday at 05:53 PM
Yesterday at 05:53 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Nov 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Do you read any of them or just collect them?


An old man roaming the Rockies
Re: Getting Closer [Re: MikeTraps2] #8669715
Yesterday at 06:25 PM
Yesterday at 06:25 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

Joined: Dec 2011
MT
That is very interesting!! What an accomplishment and rewarding journey. Thank You very much and Congratulations.


Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Getting Closer [Re: MikeTraps2] #8669833
Yesterday at 11:03 PM
Yesterday at 11:03 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Ames, IA
MikeTraps2 Offline OP
trapper
MikeTraps2  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Ames, IA
I've read about 80% of them - last few years been super busy working regular job and NWCO business cutting into reading time and well more money more books LOL, I plan to when I retire read them from Aagard to Zwillign and write reviews for each. I already have them cataloged.

Best thing is learning new things, old things, so much info in the older books, much of it is wrong now but its fun to see how many books of the same period have same beliefs.


Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure

Theodore Roosevelt
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread