Re: Lobster
[Re: WI Outdoors]
#8669378
10/01/26 07:35 PM
10/01/26 07:35 PM
|
Joined: Jan 2018
MN
Donnersurvivor
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Jan 2018
MN
|
Warm, reminds of when I was catching them myself and eating them fresh. Camping in the FL keys and I bought one 5 pack of hotdogs for a week of food, everything else came out of the ocean!
by and large, you're right. Women are almost always awful.
|
|
|
Re: Lobster
[Re: WI Outdoors]
#8669428
10/01/26 09:25 PM
10/01/26 09:25 PM
|
Joined: Nov 2011
New Hampshire
Nessmuck
"Mr. Leavenator"
|
"Mr. Leavenator"
Joined: Nov 2011
New Hampshire
|
Cold water ..of the coast of NH & Maine..
What does a person from Wisconsin know about lobster anyways ...
It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
|
|
|
Re: Lobster
[Re: KeithC]
#8669433
10/01/26 09:36 PM
10/01/26 09:36 PM
|
Joined: Jan 2018
MN
Donnersurvivor
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Jan 2018
MN
|
I've only had cold water lobsters. I would love to go bully netting for spiny lobsters in Florida and try some.
Keith It's a great time. At the time no one told me not to eat raw shellfish... I was catching undersized lobsters and eating them raw while in the water, tossing the shell and looking for the next. Never had any ill effects.
by and large, you're right. Women are almost always awful.
|
|
|
Re: Lobster
[Re: Bear Tracker]
#8669444
10/01/26 10:10 PM
10/01/26 10:10 PM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Maine
Bruce T
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Maine
|
Wife and I are going North East coast next fall. Granddaughter is at U of Delware then going to Maine, for a fresh Maine lobster and the leaf color changing scenery. Always wanted a fresh Maine lobster. Those lobsters from Maine and the lobsters from Canada are both excellent eating
NRA,NTA,MTA,FTA
Proud member of NTA
|
|
|
Re: Lobster
[Re: Nessmuck]
#8669508
10/02/26 06:36 AM
10/02/26 06:36 AM
|
Joined: Mar 2023
WI
WI Outdoors
OP
trapper
|
OP
trapper
Joined: Mar 2023
WI
|
Cold water ..of the coast of NH & Maine..
What does a person from Wisconsin know about lobster anyways ... Kinda why I'm asking. They got both on sale at the store.
|
|
|
Re: Lobster
[Re: WI Outdoors]
#8669581
10/02/26 10:43 AM
10/02/26 10:43 AM
|
Joined: Dec 2020
Wisconsin
Scott__aR
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2020
Wisconsin
|
Cold water lobster (Maine) are mighty tasty. I always bought a few from the docks when the company sent me out to the mills in Maine.
Warm water lobster are good, typically larger than the cold water varieties, but often as little less expensive/lb. Butter, butter butter; yummy!
Megapredator ... top of the food chain! Member of WTA Member of U.P. Trappers Member of NTA Member of FTA
|
|
|
Re: Lobster
[Re: WI Outdoors]
#8669785
10/02/26 08:42 PM
10/02/26 08:42 PM
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Michigan
WTT03
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Aug 2007
Michigan
|
Hands down Cold Water! Just got back last month from a week in Maine with the Mrs. Had lobster every day but 1. Lobster rolls (warm and cold, prefer warm but like them both), lobster bisque, lazy lobster, whole lobster, lobster fettucine, all great! Whole lobsters in Bar Harbor were a 3.3 pounder for her and a 3.5 pounder for me!
Todd
|
|
|
Re: Lobster
[Re: WI Outdoors]
#8669792
10/02/26 09:05 PM
10/02/26 09:05 PM
|
Joined: Nov 2007
St. Cloud, MN
trapperkeck
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Nov 2007
St. Cloud, MN
|
Cold water, for sure. Had warm water lobster in Florida, Malaysia and Singapore and they don't hold a candle to Maine lobster!
"The voice of reason!"
|
|
|
Re: Lobster
[Re: Providence Farm]
#8669814
10/02/26 10:25 PM
10/02/26 10:25 PM
|
Joined: May 2009
Champaign County, Ohio.
KeithC
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: May 2009
Champaign County, Ohio.
|
I've only had cold water lobsters. I would love to go bully netting for spiny lobsters in Florida and try some.
They opened a buffet in Colombus, that has all you can eat seafood, including lobster, for $39.99. I want to try it out.
Keith Hmm, wife likes sea food, sounds cheap could possibly get my ohio friends to meet for dinner. So whats your schedule looking like? I'm mostly available, with some notice, except on the weekends. When do you want to come on up? Keith
|
|
|
|
|