No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The shot [Re: nate] #7211220
03/10/21 01:34 PM
03/10/21 01:34 PM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
Pete, I don't think any employer can force anyone to take the shot. They may be able to make it a condition of continued employment but that leaves the decision up to the employee. Companies have lawyers to make sure they don't create situations that make them vulnerable. Besides that, workman's comp provides only for health care for the injured party to address the injury and lost wages due to any disability that may occur. There are no big settlements under workman's comp. Lawsuits are another matter entirely.

Re: The shot [Re: danny clifton] #7211226
03/10/21 01:40 PM
03/10/21 01:40 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Originally Posted by danny clifton
The only thing any of us know about the Chinese flu is what the talking heads on tv tell us. In other words, we know absolutely nothing, The government alphabet's are liars. All of them. Everybody reading this knows that. I think it would be funny, if it were not so sad, to hear people endlessly repeating what known liars have said and pretend they know its true.

Stop holdin it all in Big D. Please tell us all what ya really think and quit beating around the bush!

grin

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: The shot [Re: nate] #7211230
03/10/21 01:41 PM
03/10/21 01:41 PM
Hutchinson KS
K
Kansas Rook Offline
trapper
Kansas Rook  Offline
trapper
K

Hutchinson KS
This site always makes me smile, I am not sure why I even bother to use a guy with a PHD when i can get all the medical advice and conjecture on here for free. Oh and if anyone disagree with a basic assertion the easiest way to combat it is to reference CNN,

Re: The shot [Re: Kansas Rook] #7211234
03/10/21 01:43 PM
03/10/21 01:43 PM
east central WI
K
k snow Online content
trapper
k snow  Online Content
trapper
K

east central WI
Originally Posted by Kansas Rook
This site always makes me smile, I am not sure why I even bother to use a guy with a PHD when i can get all the medical advice and conjecture on here for free. Oh and if anyone disagree with a basic assertion the easiest way to combat it is to reference CNN,

Nothing against your doctor, but remember, some dr's barely passed medical school. Like any other job out there, there are good ones and bad ones.

Re: The shot [Re: k snow] #7211243
03/10/21 01:48 PM
03/10/21 01:48 PM
Hutchinson KS
K
Kansas Rook Offline
trapper
Kansas Rook  Offline
trapper
K

Hutchinson KS
Originally Posted by k snow
Originally Posted by Kansas Rook

Nothing against your doctor, but remember, some dr's barely passed medical school. Like any other job out there, there are good ones and bad ones.

I've known my doc since he was in high school. He was smarter than me then and is now. He doesn't get it all right all the time but I would put my life savings on his credentials being a little more impressive than 99.9 on this forum, myself included.

Re: The shot [Re: nate] #7211270
03/10/21 02:03 PM
03/10/21 02:03 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Pete, I don't think any employer can force anyone to take the shot. They may be able to make it a condition of continued employment but that leaves the decision up to the employee. Companies have lawyers to make sure they don't create situations that make them vulnerable.

EdP- Are you a lawyer, because you sure do like to parse words. Check out what the word "de facto" means, because I think your 2nd sentence nullifies your 1st through a de facto situation. If you are an attorney, you better brush up on convincing a jury of 12 that your de facto situation really lets companies off the hook. I wouldn't be convinced if I was sitting on a jury.

And your use of "impossible" earlier. Impossible is a big, big thing. You have way more faith in what people tell you than I do. Enjoy your vaccination!!

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: The shot [Re: danny clifton] #7211283
03/10/21 02:12 PM
03/10/21 02:12 PM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
mmunity from COVID doesn't really happen until about 2-4 weeks after the second shot. Pure conjecture here, but your child probably brought it home from school. Gave it to your wife. It takes about 4-7 days for the symptoms to show up. You know how kids are, they aren't exactly the best at hand washing, sneezing into arms, and not coughing on each other.

When I caught it I could tell you the exact date I was exposed and the date the symptoms appeared. It was 6 days.

Like was stated above also, just like the flu you can't get the virus from the shot.

do you know thats true or just repeating whats been on cnn?

No from talking to my very conservative Infectious disease doctor.

I also haven't watched any "network" news in years, unless it's about a natural disaster. And then it sure as hades isn't CNN.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: The shot [Re: nate] #7211285
03/10/21 02:13 PM
03/10/21 02:13 PM
mo.
N
nate Offline OP
trapper
nate  Offline OP
trapper
N

mo.
Danny Clifton
Amazes me how people say they don't trust the government, but the government run medical field is gospel to the same people. Thousands of people are misdiagnosed and mistreated.

Re: The shot [Re: nate] #7211292
03/10/21 02:20 PM
03/10/21 02:20 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Im no Dr or even an educated man. I do know our government lies to us without ceasing. R or D no difference. Dr Fakey said masks are a waste of money a year ago. Now Dr Fakey says wear two. I really dont need to know anything else about his advice.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: The shot [Re: nate] #7211301
03/10/21 02:27 PM
03/10/21 02:27 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
South Dakota really did nothing other than suggestions and put out what the info of the day was. They should be at the top of the death per capita list by a large margin but they are not. Wonder why.

Re: The shot [Re: nate] #7211331
03/10/21 03:00 PM
03/10/21 03:00 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
You need people to reach the top of the list.
South Dakota has 11.3 people per square mile,.North Dakota less. Mn has 66.6 people per square mile.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: The shot [Re: danny clifton] #7211334
03/10/21 03:03 PM
03/10/21 03:03 PM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
Im no Dr or even an educated man. I do know our government lies to us without ceasing. R or D no difference. Dr Fakey said masks are a waste of money a year ago. Now Dr Fakey says wear two. I really dont need to know anything else about his advice.

I asked her about him. She said he's a brilliant man. But feels he got too political to do his job correctly. She thinks there was somebody else pulling his strings, and in time it will come out as to who it was.

I will agree with you about the gov. lies.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: The shot [Re: nate] #7211335
03/10/21 03:08 PM
03/10/21 03:08 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
South Dakota has 11.3 people per square mile,.North Dakota less. Mn has 66.6 people per square mile.Tom

Bogmaster, such simple math. Why don't you start dividing county pops by county area and you might find there are plenty of pretty sparsely populated areas in your state.

Its been a couple of months put if you do a "death rate" of number of state deaths divided by reported positive covid cases, Minnesota and South Dakota had about the same percentage. A person can also find it on the Kaiser Foundation metrics on covid-- I'll see if I can find that again. The per capita way of looking at stats is a good way to normalize data, its not the best way to compare things in all cases...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Re: The shot [Re: Bogmaster] #7211339
03/10/21 03:15 PM
03/10/21 03:15 PM
ND
grumley701 Offline
trapper
grumley701  Offline
trapper

ND
Originally Posted by Bogmaster
South Dakota has 11.3 people per square mile,.North Dakota less. Mn has 66.6 people per square mile.
Tom

This is disingenuous, while it is true population per square mile is low in both SD and ND there isn't much for rural living. The populations in both states are concentrated in to the cities for the most part, so people are living on top of each other just like Minnesota cities, I would also argue there is much more of an opportunity to live rural in Minnesota than either of the Dakotas. Sioux Falls, Pierre SD, Fargo, West Fargo, Grand Forks, Bismarck and Minot ND are all sizeable cities.

Last edited by grumley701; 03/10/21 03:17 PM.

Pure Blood
Re: The shot [Re: nate] #7211342
03/10/21 03:25 PM
03/10/21 03:25 PM
Worley, Idaho
M
Machias Offline
trapper
Machias  Offline
trapper
M

Worley, Idaho
The VAST majority of people contracting COVID wear a mask. All these numbers of positives each day are people wearing masks!

When things are Grim, become the Grim Reaper!
Fred Moyer
Re: The shot [Re: nate] #7211356
03/10/21 03:53 PM
03/10/21 03:53 PM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
NonPCfed, you asked
EdP- Are you a lawyer

Nope, I'm a retired mechanical engineer. 33 years in the nuclear energy business, much of that in management positions in engineerng and operations. I got more than my fill of corporate lawyers and how they operate.

Re: The shot [Re: danny clifton] #7211447
03/10/21 05:38 PM
03/10/21 05:38 PM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
mmunity from COVID doesn't really happen until about 2-4 weeks after the second shot. Pure conjecture here, but your child probably brought it home from school. Gave it to your wife. It takes about 4-7 days for the symptoms to show up. You know how kids are, they aren't exactly the best at hand washing, sneezing into arms, and not coughing on each other.

When I caught it I could tell you the exact date I was exposed and the date the symptoms appeared. It was 6 days.

Like was stated above also, just like the flu you can't get the virus from the shot.

do you know thats true or just repeating whats been on cnn?

This is gospel cause he's from PA!!!!

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Re: The shot [Re: nate] #7211495
03/10/21 06:39 PM
03/10/21 06:39 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
NonPCfed, you asked
EdP- Are you a lawyer

Nope, I'm a retired mechanical engineer. 33 years in the nuclear energy business, much of that in management positions in engineerng and operations. I got more than my fill of corporate lawyers and how they operate.

Ok cool! Those corporate lawyers must have thought their stuff don't stink because I wouldn't be convinced as a juror just because a company lets an employee make the final decision doesn't let them off the hook that they demand an employee get a vax. To me, that is de facto termination...

Re: The shot [Re: nate] #7211528
03/10/21 07:05 PM
03/10/21 07:05 PM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
I don't disagree with your point that it would be a hardship for many people to lose their job over refusing the vaccine, hence an argument for de facto termination. That doesn't make it a valid legal argument. Some may see it as a choice of one evil or another, but it is still their choice. As you point out, a jury may see it otherwise, but I don't see such a case ever coming before a jury. Workmans comp cases, the issue GCPete raised, don't end up before juries. The whole basis of the WC legislation is to ensure medical care for the injured and liability protection for the company.

Requiring vaccination as a prerequisite to certain activities is nothing new. It used to be that a child didn't get into public school without having had their smallpox vaccination. Public school was something every child had a right to because it was paid for by taxes, but that didn't matter.

Re: The shot [Re: nate] #7211687
03/10/21 08:55 PM
03/10/21 08:55 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
As you point out, a jury may see it otherwise, but I don't see such a case ever coming before a jury.

The Brooklyn waitress who got fired by a restaurant because she wanted to postpone vaccination is suing her former employer. She and her husband were thinking about getting pregnant and she feared for her fertility and potential birth defects. Its in New York of course but we'll see what happens.

I think most school vaccines have a little more of a track record on their long-term effects. Remember, all the covid vax has only been approved by CDC officials in an "emergency" status, not the same level of history as school vaccines. We'll see how things turn out. I'll take my 99.4% survival chances in South Dakota if I contract the disease. The government is giving itself "sovereign immunity" so if things end up in a bad way with lots of permanent side effects of encouraged vaccination, CDC and everybody else walks...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread