No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Ukraine War #7732925
12/02/22 08:18 PM
12/02/22 08:18 PM
Michigan
G
Garryowen Offline OP
trapper
Garryowen  Offline OP
trapper
G

Michigan
Putin open to Ukraine talks after Biden signals willingness if Russia serious about ending war

The Kremlin on Friday once again claimed it was "open to negotiations" on ending the war in Ukraine, but only if the West accepts its demands.

"The president of the Russian Federation [Vladimir Putin] has always been, is and remains open to negotiations in order to ensure our interests," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters in response to comments made Thursday by President Biden, according to Reuters.

Biden and Putin have not spoken since Russia invaded Ukraine nine months ago, and Peskov’s comments were the second time in two days that the Kremlin signaled they would be open to resuming talks with Washington. Caitlin McFall is a Reporter at Fox News

If this war would end it would help fur prices in the future.

Garryowen

Re: Ukraine War [Re: Garryowen] #7732960
12/02/22 08:47 PM
12/02/22 08:47 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
the war in ukeland will not end soon.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Ukraine War [Re: Garryowen] #7733108
12/02/22 11:06 PM
12/02/22 11:06 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Sure hope you are right. A waste of resources to stop an evil nation.

Re: Ukraine War [Re: Garryowen] #7733122
12/02/22 11:19 PM
12/02/22 11:19 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
If Russia is truly an evil nation, then why is it a waste of resources Charles?

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Ukraine War [Re: Garryowen] #7733131
12/02/22 11:27 PM
12/02/22 11:27 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Online content
trapper
NonPCfed  Online Content
trapper

se South Dakota
Its cold here tonight. I can't imagine it being 10-15 degrees warmer and laying in water filled trenches just above freezing. Dying from shrapnel or dying of hypothermia, you still end up dying, although "freezing" to death may be less painful. Sad, so very, very sad...

Realistic reports from the Ukrainian frontline are rare. Yesterday the British Express had this (@7:30, also here) from Bakhmut / Artemovsk in its Live coverage. One wonders how it has bypassed the censor:

Inside Bakhmut frontline 'littered with corpses' and 'colossal' losses

The Ukrainian commander of the Svoboda battalion, Petro Kuzyk, whose unit is one of those holding Bakhmut said his soldiers are staying in trenches full of corpses, fighting in extremely cold conditions and in knee-deep water against Russia's attacks.
"I apologise for speaking slowly now, because I'm very cold – it's making me dizzy. I've now left the first line (since I was called). I'm warming up in the car, I'm almost falling asleep, because I haven't slept all this time. They charged yesterday, quite seriously. They felt a weakness in our defence, because (I will not name the numbers of the units, so as not to spoil their honour) there are units that are less motivated than ours. And yesterday they weakened our defence a little in the area just around the Bakhmut. Some units could not withstand this artillery onslaught and retreated.

"This is our principle: we, the Svoboda Battalion, do not retreat. And because of that, we found ourselves in a semi-surrounded situation, and we had a lot of work to do. In addition, it is a swamp full of mud. It is very difficult to evacuate the wounded or to deliver ammunition. The trenches are constantly deteriorating, and in this swamp they must be constantly rebuilt."

He added: "Today is the first day without rain, but then and yesterday when it fell, all the water flowed into the trenches. And the shelling was such that it was impossible to get out of the trench, so the guys were constantly wet for a day or two. Plus the temperature is like this. Many are contused, many with pneumonia. But we hold our ground, and we defend. I see young guys standing with their teeth clenched. I would really like someone to write about their achievements, because few people in the country know about it."

The above reads like a report from Verdun.

---

More from that Express Live coverage (@8:31):

Biden mulling expansion of US military training to Ukraine forces

The US administration is considering expanding the US military training programme it provides to Ukraine, including instructing as many as 2,500 Ukrainian soldiers a month at a US base in Germany.

According to US officials speaking to CNN, "under the new programme, the US would begin training much larger groups of Ukrainian soldiers in more sophisticated battlefield tactics, including how to coordinate infantry manoeuvres with artillery support – 'much more intense and comprehensive' training than Ukraine has been receiving in Poland or the UK, according to one source briefed on the proposal".

The proposal is still under review.

This program seems weird. If it is only one month long there is no way that the soldiers will learn coordinated maneuvers. One learns those by knowing and experiencing the doctrines of all involved elements - infantry, tanks, artillery, supply etc. Those are sergeant or officer courses tat take at least 6 months and usually more.

The number of 2,500 is also questionable. The Ukrainian army is currently losing around 400 men per day. The training will not hold up with those losses.

---

A week ago I described how Ukraine is running on empty:

Aside from HIMARS Ukraine's front artillery has become smaller with less reach than those systems used on the other side. That will make it easier to counter it. Ukraine also has an acute lack of ammunition for those few weapons that still exist. It has long lost the artillery war.

The war in Ukraine is waged on an industrial level. But the 'west' and its Ukrainian proxy are not prepared for industrial warfare.

Another piece from the Express confirms this (@1:40)

Ukraine and NATO allies facing 'major issue' amid heavy fight against Russian forces

A retired US general has pinpointed a "major issue" for NATO as the West look to keep up with ammo demands as fighting in Ukraine continues to eat up Western stockpiles.

Ukraine is burning through ammunition and shells at a faster rate than the West can maintain according to retired US Air Force Colonel Cedric Leighton.

The former commander believes that NATO lacks the industrial base to replace depleted stockpiles and Ukraine continues to demand ammunition to use against Russian forces.

Mr Leighton told CNN: "The defence industrial base of all these countries, the NATO countries in Europe as well as the United States it is really not built for this kind of war.

"That very fact has made it really difficult for the West to resupply Ukraine, Ukraine is using weapons at a very high rate it is using ammunition as well as part of this.

"Then the other thing we are confronted with is the barrels of the various artillery pieces are overheated because of overuse.

"So that is a major for the Ukrainians and for the West, especially if the West wants to continue helping the Ukrainians stop the Russians."

Last edited by NonPCfed; 12/02/22 11:28 PM.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Ukraine War [Re: Garryowen] #7733170
12/03/22 12:15 AM
12/03/22 12:15 AM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Online content
trapper
Jurassic Park  Online Content
trapper
J

MB
They’re fighting like red coats and blue coats. If I was sent to war and I was thrown in a trench with a rifle and a cannonball I’d be pretty upset.

Cold as ice!
Re: Ukraine War [Re: Garryowen] #7733181
12/03/22 12:32 AM
12/03/22 12:32 AM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
China Joe is making way too much money to shut this down.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Ukraine War [Re: Garryowen] #7733198
12/03/22 01:06 AM
12/03/22 01:06 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
You see what they did when Musk gave his idea to help negotiate an end to the war in Ukraine ? they all attacked him for it. The EU globalist running our government dont want it to end. They want to launder money to the DNC and to themselves and drain us of our treasurer and military might all the while protecting their corruption and golden goose in Ukraine.

Re: Ukraine War [Re: Garryowen] #7733254
12/03/22 06:46 AM
12/03/22 06:46 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Ukraine is all the arms manufacturers got right now. They wont kill the golden goose anytime soon. Look how long Afghanistan went on.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Ukraine War [Re: Garryowen] #7733313
12/03/22 08:33 AM
12/03/22 08:33 AM
Iowa
R
riverratdm Offline
trapper
riverratdm  Offline
trapper
R

Iowa
Part of their money luandering got reveiled with the Sam Bankman deal. Now they want to talk peace.

Re: Ukraine War [Re: riverratdm] #7733336
12/03/22 08:58 AM
12/03/22 08:58 AM
MD
D
DaveP Offline
trapper
DaveP  Offline
trapper
D

MD
Originally Posted by riverratdm
Part of their money luandering got reveiled with the Sam Bankman deal. Now they want to talk peace.

[Linked Image]

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread