No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Russias hypersonic missile [Re: Wolfdog91] #7793643
02/08/23 12:42 AM
02/08/23 12:42 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Is Mr. Cameron Kelsey still on here? I hope so, we are lucky to have his insight.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Russias hypersonic missile [Re: danny clifton] #7793870
02/08/23 12:58 PM
02/08/23 12:58 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Originally Posted by danny clifton
How big is its payload? if it can be steered the control signal can be jammed

Don't quote me on this but I seem to remember that it can carry a single warhead of 5 to 20 Kt ...... I am guessing here that it will fly a preset route with a couple if zigs and zags thrown in that alone would make it impossible to calculate an intercept point to take it down. Just a few minor cause changes along its route would be enough to do that ( talking a couple of degree left and right now and then, nothing drastic)

At the end of the day it makes little difference as Russia would not survive the echo. So they get to live 30 minutes longer than us. I would not exactly call that a big win.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Russias hypersonic missile [Re: Wolfdog91] #7793899
02/08/23 02:15 PM
02/08/23 02:15 PM
Sergievsk, Russia
K
KOSOI Offline
trapper
KOSOI  Offline
trapper
K

Sergievsk, Russia
Originally Posted by Scuba1
Originally Posted by danny clifton
How big is its payload? if it can be steered the control signal can be jammed

Don't quote me on this but I seem to remember that it can carry a single warhead of 5 to 20 Kt ...... I am guessing here that it will fly a preset route with a couple if zigs and zags thrown in that alone would make it impossible to calculate an intercept point to take it down. Just a few minor cause changes along its route would be enough to do that ( talking a couple of degree left and right now and then, nothing drastic)

At the end of the day it makes little difference as Russia would not survive the echo. So they get to live 30 minutes longer than us. I would not exactly call that a big win.

30 minutes is enough time to finish a cigar. cry

Re: Russias hypersonic missile [Re: Wolfdog91] #7793927
02/08/23 03:01 PM
02/08/23 03:01 PM
Wisconsin
C
Clemke Offline
trapper
Clemke  Offline
trapper
C

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
So..... Seen peoel freaking out about Russias new hypersonic missile..... apparently we don't have anything close enough to be able to take care of one ......well decided to do some looking and....
[Linked Image]

Which ok neat that sure is formidable.....but...y'all remember Operation Burnt Frost ?
[Linked Image]

That satellite as going 7.3km per sec which converts to....
[Linked Image]

......anddd we shot that thing down.....in 2008.....
[Linked Image]

.....now of course this was planned pretty precisely with a lot of planning and all, and I'm no sure what's the cruising altitude of this thing ... I figure if it can go low enough it could definitely be more of a problem especially with the fact it can be steered .....but.... Again we shot down that Satellite....in 2008 am I the only one just sitting here thinking about the MASSIVE black budget the US spends on defense project and is just like.... "Mmmmkay" ? Like I'm 98% sure we have some stuff now that could knock that sucker out without too much trouble.... All the whole one of the multiple subs we have constantly tailing these ships will probably give them a nice little reminder about their presence .... Anyhow

Hypersonic missiles are fast yes but they fly at an undetermined path typically close to the ground probably to avoid radars. I belive we unveiled our version this past year and before that we also had fast (missiles) and undetermined path missiles.

Re: Russias hypersonic missile [Re: Wolfdog91] #7793948
02/08/23 03:52 PM
02/08/23 03:52 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
It makes little difference really. Our team went a different route and uses stealth technology. So in the unlikely event of a first strike by the US, the Russians won't know they are under attack till the see those big mushroom clouds pop up if said strike is started using the stealth bomber fleet. So they won't know that they are smoking their last cigar. But as I said earlier, in the big picture it makes little difference as there will be enough nukes going off in any of the theoretical scenarios to destroy the world a few times over.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread