No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869377
05/21/23 01:26 PM
05/21/23 01:26 PM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 19,720
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 19,720
pa
I use as one of my indicaters , towards if something is good or not.......does it sell itself or does it need propped up with gimmicks or money(subsidies)?

Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869379
05/21/23 01:28 PM
05/21/23 01:28 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 21,127
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 21,127
North East Kansas
once people realize that the whole green energy thing as it exists today is a scam we will be better off. But, alas.....

what we have now for green energy would be like parading around a plane that did not fly.....while saying 'look at me fly'.......like a man dressing as a woman saying 'look I am a woman'. stupidity supported by ignorance.


put that effort into making something that works instead of wasting many tens of billions on bs that does not work while abandoning things we need.



E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: TC1] #7869384
05/21/23 01:37 PM
05/21/23 01:37 PM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 12,058
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 12,058
Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by TC1
Wolfie, delve into the actual costs and maintenance of these systems. One can not acquire knowledge of things thru only You Tube. Trapping, shooting, reloading, or energy systems, you only handicap yourself and show a shallow knowledge base when that is all you base your thoughts on. I have a nephew that is a “wheel” in the wind generation field. What he tells me after a couple drinks would spin your head. Fact!


I have and yes it's nuts the cost but that's not the point. The point is the idea in it's self .like I'm super against electric cars because they're just horrible for the environment but the idea of getting away from fossil fuels which are FINITE I think should be a common sense deal. Like yes we have plenty now Andy many we will for the next 400yrs idk but it's going to run out eventually. So why are we not interested in trying to make something better for future generations? Because I'm sorry I don't want my great great great great great great kids to still be sitting each other's throats for oil if we could find some other way.
Heck it seriously wouldn't surprise me if there was some invisible friggen energy floating around us 24/7 we know about and could harness to power stuff with next to no back lash but it's being suppressed . Trying not to look for better ways is just pure lunacy in my book. And people will say stuff like there is no better way or if there was wd be doing it so on and so forth but heck people have probably been saying that since the dawn of man. I can imagine the first caveman who said we was gonna harness from a lighting struck tree or something was probably getting told alot of the same or similar stuff. " You must feed fire ,fire could mess up meat we have always eaten raw meat fire just soming other tribe want us to mess with so we get hurt and weak"
Why would we not want to do better ? What is the point in just sting with what works because it works ? I mean if that's the case why arnt we still riding around on horses ? Or have tractors instead of hand picking crops ? It's doesn't and probably NEVER WILL make sense to me that when people did it in the past it was ok because their stuff works and now we use it but to follow in their foot steps and try and constantly push the envelope is a bad thing. I mean listen to the documentaries when it came to people who made oils a big energy source! All the coal and steam powered people where telling them the same stuff , cost of pipe lines , cost of drilling , cost of refining, " coal and animal fats have always worked we done need to change !" Well I'm pretty sure everyone here is happy they have a gas or diesel run truck and they don't have to shovel coal into a steam engine.
AND YES we're in a different time where all these big wigs mosce stuff the way the want to control and make money but still the idea of innovation and making a better future I don't think should be frowned on simply because " we have something that already works"

Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869385
05/21/23 01:39 PM
05/21/23 01:39 PM
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 10,232
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 10,232
Marion Kansas
Volcanic activities affects climate more than man could ever come close to. Ever. Man trying to influence climate with green energy is like spending trillions of dollars on nerf bullets to control coyotes.

Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869391
05/21/23 01:48 PM
05/21/23 01:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 21,127
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 21,127
North East Kansas
good ideas sell themselves. green energy it paid for by all of us and would never sell itself because it is impractical. supporting the widespread use of technology that is so impractical no one would pay for it is lunacy.

once planes were able to actually fly and were safe they were used all over the world. before they could fly no one used them.

supporting the widespread use of a plane that does not fly because one day it will fly is lunacy.

research is great as danny already said. govt paying trillions for tech that does not work is lunacy. and to top that they are also abandoning the things that work....

if your wanting to save energy then disconnect from the grid and use only green energy for EVERYTHING.

that is not possible at this point because that plane does not fly yet...but the government is closing in on forcing us to do just that and if you support that...it is a very dangerous thing.

that is as simple as I can say it..


E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869392
05/21/23 01:49 PM
05/21/23 01:49 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 21,778
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 21,778
Sandhills Nebraska
I'm all for hydro generating which was used for years but mostly abandoned. Why? Not enough profit for the powers to be. I also think solar makes sense for the individual home user but not commercially.


Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869463
05/21/23 04:29 PM
05/21/23 04:29 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,927
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,927
ohio
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Originally Posted by TC1
Wolfie, delve into the actual costs and maintenance of these systems. One can not acquire knowledge of things thru only You Tube. Trapping, shooting, reloading, or energy systems, you only handicap yourself and show a shallow knowledge base when that is all you base your thoughts on. I have a nephew that is a “wheel” in the wind generation field. What he tells me after a couple drinks would spin your head. Fact!


I have and yes it's nuts the cost but that's not the point. The point is the idea in it's self .like I'm super against electric cars because they're just horrible for the environment but the idea of getting away from fossil fuels which are FINITE I think should be a common sense deal. Like yes we have plenty now Andy many we will for the next 400yrs idk but it's going to run out eventually. So why are we not interested in trying to make something better for future generations? Because I'm sorry I don't want my great great great great great great kids to still be sitting each other's throats for oil if we could find some other way.
Heck it seriously wouldn't surprise me if there was some invisible friggen energy floating around us 24/7 we know about and could harness to power stuff with next to no back lash but it's being suppressed . Trying not to look for better ways is just pure lunacy in my book. And people will say stuff like there is no better way or if there was wd be doing it so on and so forth but heck people have probably been saying that since the dawn of man. I can imagine the first caveman who said we was gonna harness from a lighting struck tree or something was probably getting told alot of the same or similar stuff. " You must feed fire ,fire could mess up meat we have always eaten raw meat fire just soming other tribe want us to mess with so we get hurt and weak"
Why would we not want to do better ? What is the point in just sting with what works because it works ? I mean if that's the case why arnt we still riding around on horses ? Or have tractors instead of hand picking crops ? It's doesn't and probably NEVER WILL make sense to me that when people did it in the past it was ok because their stuff works and now we use it but to follow in their foot steps and try and constantly push the envelope is a bad thing. I mean listen to the documentaries when it came to people who made oils a big energy source! All the coal and steam powered people where telling them the same stuff , cost of pipe lines , cost of drilling , cost of refining, " coal and animal fats have always worked we done need to change !" Well I'm pretty sure everyone here is happy they have a gas or diesel run truck and they don't have to shovel coal into a steam engine.
AND YES we're in a different time where all these big wigs mosce stuff the way the want to control and make money but still the idea of innovation and making a better future I don't think sh ?ould be frowned on simply because " we have something that already works"



I can agree with much of what your point is, or you're trying to get across.
The problem is that politicians have destroyed the best way to go about it.
Hydroelectric dams have been used for hundreds of years.
Why are they being decommissioned ?
Many hydro dams are removed every year , because of twisted politics .
Weather you want to believe it or not , animal rights groups are behind it more than you realize.
Stop and think about it , shutting down our oil and coal production isn't the smartest thing to do.
We still need them to build the things you're talking about.
I agree those wind generators along a highway like in your OP , are feasible , but we need to have the power/electricity to produce them.
It's an idea that needs more research , and yes it could work.
But to go about it the way politicians have gone about the " GREEN NEW DEAL " is stupid !
It at this point is just a scam by the greedy politicians .
More tax money is all they care about.
Getting back to the animal rights movement, think about it , more laws against hunting, trapping, fishing , and just about anything to do with raising meat animals.
Why? Because it generates more taxes or permit fees for the government.
We all pay for the ignorance of the animal rights organizations , weather we want to or not!
Higher food prices , and higher taxes .
Wake up to just what the WOKE are doing to the world.


We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869492
05/21/23 05:36 PM
05/21/23 05:36 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,927
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,927
ohio
WOW Killed another thread.
80 Years ago we fought and died for our rights, and others rights.
Now we're so soft we don't care any more.
Don't any of you realize the emotion game being played on you?
BOCO posted a thread , you all should check it out.
I hope it opens your eyes to just what's going on today.
BOCO best thread you ever posted.
Still think you're a liberal ( modern day liberal , not the real liberal of the past ) , and can't agree with you on so many points.
But at least you're trying to learn about governments and politics .
As a trapper you amaze me , and would love to spend time on the line with you.
As a what seems to me a follower , not so much.


We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Ohio Wolverine] #7869495
05/21/23 05:39 PM
05/21/23 05:39 PM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 12,058
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 12,058
Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
WOW Killed another thread.
80 Years ago we fought and died for our rights, and others rights.
Now we're so soft we don't care any more.
Don't any of you realize the emotion game being played on you?
BOCO posted a thread , you all should check it out.
I hope it opens your eyes to just what's going on today.
BOCO best thread you ever posted.
Still think you're a liberal ( modern day liberal , not the real liberal of the past ) , and can't agree with you on so many points.
But at least you're trying to learn about governments and politics .
As a trapper you amaze me , and would love to spend time on the line with you.
As a what seems to me a follower , not so much.

.....what ?

Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869507
05/21/23 05:52 PM
05/21/23 05:52 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,927
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,927
ohio
LOL Too hard to think about it?


We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869524
05/21/23 06:31 PM
05/21/23 06:31 PM
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 925
SD
T
TC1 Offline
trapper
TC1  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 925
SD
Another great example of political power interfering with people’s lives is the current idea that we must ban or basically eliminate gas and wood fired furnaces. I don’t know how big of an area the Canadian forest fires smoke plume covers, but I know for the better part of 2 weeks you could look directly at the sun nearly all day and hardly squint. Just a hunch, but I would bet that all the wood furnaces smoke expulsions combined for the past 50-100 years would not even come close to what happens naturally every single year in North American forest fires alone. The sooner one realizes that the politicians only care about their pockets being lined the better off we will all be. They don’t know crap about our planet, and listen only to those who have an agenda to push and money to steal from our coffers to grease the political pundits with.


Long live the MAGA King
Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869528
05/21/23 06:36 PM
05/21/23 06:36 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 21,127
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 21,127
North East Kansas
He will not even consider that he is mistaken.

grin


E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869546
05/21/23 07:17 PM
05/21/23 07:17 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,927
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,927
ohio
Now we have some thinking about the real problems !
While those turbines could work along a busy highway, you still need the fossil fuels to build them.
Making life harder for the people to live , isn't the goal of a real caring government.
Yet this government is giving hand outs to those that have no idea about how to live in the first place.
Then taking away the simplest ways of staying warm during the winter.
Taking away the easiest way to cook meals, and to make life easier by, putting up the summers harvest.
It's almost impossible to grow your own food in too many areas.
Yet this green new deal is doing away with everything needed today.
They don't care if people do without, as long as they control every aspect of the peoples lives.
Look at what has happened in the last 3 years.
Now go to the videos that BOCO's post is talking about.
Too many have no idea what happened 80 years ago.
To me it's happening now !


We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869671
05/21/23 11:12 PM
05/21/23 11:12 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,636
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,636
N. Carolina
Hydro, Nuclear, natural gas, and turn the lights on.


-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869725
05/22/23 01:40 AM
05/22/23 01:40 AM
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,772
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1,772
Wisconsin
A bad idea ... a shopping center installed 7 vertical turbines to power their atrium. In two years, the bearings were shot. After repairs and maintenance for 5 years they gave up on them, it was costing them more than they were saving.

Put those things down the center of the road as lane dividers? Has anyone seen what happens to barrels and those posts they put out when a commercial truck goes past them? Imagine getting hit with a wind turbine when it comes loose from the roadway!


Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869728
05/22/23 02:07 AM
05/22/23 02:07 AM
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 4,637
illinois
J
jalstat Offline
trapper
jalstat  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 4,637
illinois
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Y'all ever stood next to a busy highway? Felt that heavy wind coming from passing cars and trucks ? What makes that any different then natural wind ? It's still a force that can turn that turbine and create electricity. I mean...it's a pretty simple concept. And in places with almost const moving traffic I mean what would be the problem ? Could use them to power small stuff like idk cross walk lights or something
But lemme guess this is just more woke lunacy or something right ? tired

I will say this a few years ago a state trooper was standing on shoulder of I 55 and was sucked under a semi and killed so that's something right there

Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869789
05/22/23 07:47 AM
05/22/23 07:47 AM
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 925
SD
T
TC1 Offline
trapper
TC1  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 925
SD
The ONLY reason there are wind generation farms is because of govt subsidies ( our tax $ ). They lose more money than they gain. Otherwise, we would all be owning one already. They have been messing around for decades now with them here and it’s still the same ol same ol. The tax funded companies hang around long enough to get them out in the ground the poof, they disappear once the maintenance kicks in. It’s all a sham.


Long live the MAGA King
Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869799
05/22/23 08:01 AM
05/22/23 08:01 AM
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,408
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,408
west virginia usa
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Y'all ever stood next to a busy highway? Felt that heavy wind coming from passing cars and trucks ? What makes that any different then natural wind ? It's still a force that can turn that turbine and create electricity. I mean...it's a pretty simple concept. And in places with almost const moving traffic I mean what would be the problem ? Could use them to power small stuff like idk cross walk lights or something
But lemme guess this is just more woke lunacy or something right ? tired

IF it is creating electricity then why does it need solar panels on top???


God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Marty] #7869807
05/22/23 08:12 AM
05/22/23 08:12 AM
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,408
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,408
west virginia usa
Originally Posted by Marty
good ideas sell themselves. green energy it paid for by all of us and would never sell itself because it is impractical. supporting the widespread use of technology that is so impractical no one would pay for it is lunacy.

once planes were able to actually fly and were safe they were used all over the world. before they could fly no one used them.

supporting the widespread use of a plane that does not fly because one day it will fly is lunacy.

research is great as danny already said. govt paying trillions for tech that does not work is lunacy. and to top that they are also abandoning the things that work....

if your wanting to save energy then disconnect from the grid and use only green energy for EVERYTHING.

that is not possible at this point because that plane does not fly yet...but the government is closing in on forcing us to do just that and if you support that...it is a very dangerous thing.

that is as simple as I can say it..

BINGO!!!! Just look at KKKalifornia. They are forcing Green energy and because of it they have constant Brown and Black outs and now Hair Sniffer wants that for EVERYONE!!!


God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: Traffic powers wind turbine generator [Re: Wolfdog91] #7869810
05/22/23 08:21 AM
05/22/23 08:21 AM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,392
kentucky
L
logger coffey Offline
trapper
logger coffey  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,392
kentucky
Any more when i try to read a thread on here , i always hear the Twylite Zone music in my head ,is it just me. or my old age getting to me?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread