No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Christianity and magic [Re: Ken Smith] #7944624
09/05/23 03:17 PM
09/05/23 03:17 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by Ken Smith
Religions or denominations are used as a way to divide

Every religion or denomination has infiltrators that push their own agenda

Assuming God is not real because of the wickedness of man is the mark of a fool
Psalm 14:1 KJV
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Men who make religions are fools

The bible clearly teaches that pure religion is visiting the fatherless and widows in their affliction and remaining unspotted from the world.
Folks from every religion practice pure religion.

Religion saves iterally no one on the planet

Salvation is only by faith on the Lord Jesus Christ

Everyone is a sinner and deserves death, the only way to be saved it for you to be covered by the blood of Jesus

It's literally that simple

You realize what you just stated is your religion, right?

I don't really disagree, but disagreement has existed in the church from the beginning.
Having different opinions of what certain verses mean doesn't make one a heretic.
It sounds like you belong with the faith alone denominations.
What many churches do is add faith plus ------whatever.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Christianity and magic [Re: Wolfdog91] #7944737
09/05/23 06:30 PM
09/05/23 06:30 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Well if you see it that way it's fine, but the "religion" that I came out of Independent fundamental Baptist would disagree with me obviously because they believe IFB to be the best, but even in the IFB you have people who preach multiple different types of salvation (sinless perfection, lordship salvation, repent of your sins, and then faith alone) so even within the IFB they don't agree all as one.

The bible never said we should start a religion. The bible said we should believe correctly, Jesus said we should believe correctly

I'd call myself a bible believing Christian. And many other types of Baptist would do the same

So I don't subscribe to religion. I don't see how that's me stating my religion. More stating exactly what it is I believe

There are no churches full of people who believe faith alone and preach against religion, though I'd probably go if there were wink

And yes most religions or denominations add something to faith which is how they create a religion. Man made traditions taught as doctrine. I think Jesus spoke about that a bit.

Anyways yes I am faith alone. Every saved Christian is

Last edited by Ken Smith; 09/05/23 06:31 PM.

Matthew 7:6 KJV
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine....
-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Christianity and magic [Re: Wolfdog91] #7944745
09/05/23 06:35 PM
09/05/23 06:35 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Agree with your last post Ken. Not a doubt in my mind that Jesus Christ did NOT come down here to form some kind of religion. He came to save souls from eternal damnation via their sins. Only His blood was worthy. That message is really all that matters, our differing interpretations of Genesis 6 does not take away from the Truth that is Jesus Christ and what He did for mankind.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Christianity and magic [Re: Yes sir] #7944747
09/05/23 06:36 PM
09/05/23 06:36 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Originally Posted by BandB
A lot of those are different denominations, not different religions.

Bingo

My point is that I don't see God, being the greatest Being, condemning any of his children to suffer eternally, if their beliefs don't fall exactly in line with reality. What seems to be consequential differences to most of us, petty as we are, surely has no meaning to a being of God's magnitude.

I believe in a great and loving creator, not a small and petty one. If God wanted us all to believe the same, he could easily accomplish it.

Just like a good father wants his children to get along, and loves them all despite their idiosyncrasies, I believe God wants us to get along and to stop worrying about, what to him, must be vastly minor differences in opinion.

Keith

Re: Christianity and magic [Re: Wolfdog91] #7944754
09/05/23 06:48 PM
09/05/23 06:48 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
I always hate when people say to fear God or to fear Jesus.

In Galatians 4:7, Jesus says:

"King James Bible
Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."

I believe we are all God's children and as his children, should act in love of God, not fear of him. There is a vast difference in fear and in loving respect.

I don't see our just God condemning any of our brothers and sisters, through him, who try to live well and treat others with love and respect, while holding varying beliefs.

Keith

Re: Christianity and magic [Re: Chancey] #7944769
09/05/23 07:06 PM
09/05/23 07:06 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Chancey
Agree with your last post Ken. Not a doubt in my mind that Jesus Christ did NOT come down here to form some kind of religion. He came to save souls from eternal damnation via their sins. Only His blood was worthy. That message is really all that matters, our differing interpretations of Genesis 6 does not take away from the Truth that is Jesus Christ and what He did for mankind.

100% brother

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine....
-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Christianity and magic [Re: KeithC] #7944773
09/05/23 07:11 PM
09/05/23 07:11 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by KeithC

My point is that I don't see God, being the greatest Being, condemning any of his children to suffer eternally, if their beliefs don't fall exactly in line with reality. What seems to be consequential differences to most of us, petty as we are, surely has no meaning to a being of God's magnitude.

I believe in a great and loving creator, not a small and petty one. If God wanted us all to believe the same, he could easily accomplish it.

Just like a good father wants his children to get along, and loves them all despite their idiosyncrasies, I believe God wants us to get along and to stop worrying about, what to him, must be vastly minor differences in opinion.

Keith

None of God's children will suffer eternal (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). But it is very clear in the bible that there are three types of people. Children of God (saved), children of Belial (reprobate), and children of Adam (unsaved)

So there can't be a free pass for everyone. You only become a child of God by faith on Jesus Christ. That means repenting of any other kind of false salvation or religion or thought on how to be saved and turning or repenting to the gospel of Christ and putting all of your faith on Jesus'perfect finished works for all of your salvation. It's really simple

The bible is clear, this is how you because a child of God
John 1:12-13 KJV
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: [13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Christianity and magic [Re: Wolfdog91] #7944774
09/05/23 07:12 PM
09/05/23 07:12 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
He is a loving God, and He loves us dearly. However, he ain't our buddy or our friend IMO, but rather a loving Fatehr; He is the Lord God Almighty and He deserves our worship and respect.

God did want us all to believe the same and know the Truth. That's why He sent His only son down here to prove it via Jesus' sacrifice on the Cross. Even though that is the most documented death and eyewitness account in written history, many still don't believe it, or find fault in it.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Christianity and magic [Re: KeithC] #7944787
09/05/23 07:20 PM
09/05/23 07:20 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma

"King James Bible
Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."

I believe we are all God's children and as his children, should act in love of God, not fear of him. There is a vast difference in fear and in loving respect.

I don't see our just God condemning any of our brothers and sisters, through him, who try to live well and treat others with love and respect, while holding varying beliefs.

Keith

The bible clearly teaches that it's a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God

Jesus specifically preached that you should only fear God and not men

Matthew 10:28 KJV
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman).

And Jesus also taught that if you were of his flock then you would hear his voice

John 10:25-30 KJV
Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. [26] But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. [27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. [29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. [30] I and my Father are one.

And once you are of his flock the you can never be plucked from the Father's hand. This is eternal security held by the most high God

So all of this "we are all God's children" junk just doesn't jive with the bible. It is what it is. No one is gonna force you to believe it, but attacking every religion while creating your own isn't any different than say the Godless morman's or unbelieving Jews. Everyone wants what they think to be the truth. You're no different than anyone else. We are all sinners and all deserve H3||. Claiming you don't is just not true.

Jesus specifically preached that most people and most so called "christians" would go to H3||. It's not wrong for sinners to be punished, but rather just. As God is just

Matthew 7:13-14 KJV
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: [14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Like I said it is what it is. No matter how badly someone doesn't want it to be so.

The reason folks can't understand judgement is also clearly written about in the bible

Proverbs 28:5 KJV
Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the Lord understand all things.

-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Christianity and magic [Re: KeithC] #7945252
09/06/23 10:24 AM
09/06/23 10:24 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes

"King James Bible

Keith

I will never believe God would send His only son to die on a cross to save mankind and then save those who ridicule His Son. John 11:25, Jesus said, " I am the way, the truth, and the light; he who believes in me shall live even if he dies and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die."

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: Christianity and magic [Re: KeithC] #7945273
09/06/23 11:32 AM
09/06/23 11:32 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois

"King James Bible

Keith

How does one get around this scripture when it comes to all being His children. Aren't we are all God's creation, but not all His children?
KJV 1 john 3:10
By this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither is he that loveth not his brother.

I do see a little wiggle room about your last statement about trying to live well and treat others right. maybe with Romans 2:14 - For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves, but that might only apply to those who have never had knowledge of Jesus.

Re: Christianity and magic [Re: Wolfdog91] #7945289
09/06/23 12:02 PM
09/06/23 12:02 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
[Linked Image]

Re: Christianity and magic [Re: Wolfdog91] #7945293
09/06/23 12:06 PM
09/06/23 12:06 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
When we pick and chose scripture to support what we want to believe but ignore other scripture that doesn't lie up with what we want to believe then we are creating OUR own religion not following God's teachings.

Re: Christianity and magic [Re: Wolfdog91] #7945627
09/06/23 08:43 PM
09/06/23 08:43 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
Sorry, I honestly didn't waste my time watching this....But...

I suspect Jesus didn't want people horning in on his walking on water, wine from water and other acts.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Christianity and magic [Re: Wolfdog91] #7945669
09/06/23 09:24 PM
09/06/23 09:24 PM
North central Iowa
B
Bob_Iowa Offline
trapper
Bob_Iowa  Offline
trapper
B

North central Iowa
After my personal experience with seeing organized religion destroying my church, which was made up of friends and family we came together to help each other and praise god, I have trouble believing in anything that has been edited by man such as any bible. Today I believe in heaven and (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) and a god almighty and I try to live my life right and if in the end that’s not enough then I will burn in (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) and I can except that but if it is then I will go to heaven but until we die no one knows who’s right and who’s wrong.

Re: Christianity and magic [Re: Wolfdog91] #7945794
09/07/23 03:39 AM
09/07/23 03:39 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Christianity is magic. A magical belief system that postulates supernatural beings, God, Satan, angels, and demons, that interact with and influence human beings. Many religions unrelated to Christianity, like Shinto, postulate the same kinds of supernatural beings.

Like most other magical belief systems (religions), Christianity runs into contradictions and logical fallacies when put to the test. To sort out the conundrums, Christians tend to pick and choose the verses of their bible that are most convenient or self-serving. Virtually every Christian I've met does this, and they usually aren't hard to flush out. And they usually have their denials, rationalizations, and justifications for doing as they please.

Just because we don't know the cause of creation of matter, energy, time, space, and life, people invent religions to attempt to explain it all. But the rational conclusion, the one critical thinking leads us to, is that there is not enough evidence at this time to know the cause of creation. And so I am an agnostic.

And btw, if giant hominids once walked the earth, where is the fossil evidence?

Jim

Last edited by James; 09/07/23 03:40 AM.

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Christianity and magic [Re: Wolfdog91] #7945807
09/07/23 05:53 AM
09/07/23 05:53 AM
Central montana
.204 Offline
trapper
.204  Offline
trapper

Central montana
Again, something from nothing is still nothing as far as I know. There is nothing more magical than all that exists popping into everything from nothing. So critical thinking would lead us to a creator.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement!
Re: Christianity and magic [Re: Wolfdog91] #7945818
09/07/23 06:27 AM
09/07/23 06:27 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
critical thinking must then conclude a creator sprang from nothing

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Christianity and magic [Re: Wolfdog91] #7945823
09/07/23 06:42 AM
09/07/23 06:42 AM
Central montana
.204 Offline
trapper
.204  Offline
trapper

Central montana
Take your pick Danny. It all started from somewhere. If you claim everything just popped into existence from nothing, then you truly believe in magic.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement!
Re: Christianity and magic [Re: James] #7945828
09/07/23 06:59 AM
09/07/23 06:59 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois

Originally Posted by James

Just because we don't know the cause of creation of matter, energy, time, space, and life, people invent religions to attempt to explain it all. But the rational conclusion, the one critical thinking leads us to, is that there is not enough evidence at this time to know the cause of creation. And so I am an agnostic.

And btw, if giant hominids once walked the earth, where is the fossil evidence?

Jim

I guess since you are a seeing is believing kinda guy then you must believe there is short people. I bet you have "Short People" imbedded on the brain, or is it embedded on the brain, lol.

They got little hands
And little eyes
And they walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread