No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Vinegar weed killer #8654591
08/31/26 09:40 AM
08/31/26 09:40 AM
Joined: Sep 2008
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline OP
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline OP
trapper
B

Joined: Sep 2008
NC
Any of you try the latest craze of the vinegar salt dish soap weed killer? Been reading on it and watching videos and it seems very effective. Trying to find a glyphosate alternative.

I did find a cheaper way to make the solution. On amazon you can purchase 50% vinegar. Dilute that 50/50 and you have 25% vinegar which I am sure is still more than enough to kill the weeds.

Only concern is what does it do to soil? I might be willing to try the mix without salt for a garden, but I am still apprehensive.

Love to hear your experiences.

Thank you in advance.


How many lies will people believe before they realize their own idiocy?
Re: Vinegar weed killer [Re: bowhunter27295] #8654604
08/31/26 10:19 AM
08/31/26 10:19 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Dec 2006
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Downside is it will kill everything.


Grandkids are so much fun. We should have had them first.
Re: Vinegar weed killer [Re: bowhunter27295] #8654665
08/31/26 01:04 PM
08/31/26 01:04 PM
Joined: Dec 2015
NNY
0
080808 Offline
trapper
080808  Offline
trapper
0

Joined: Dec 2015
NNY
But does it kill root system?

Re: Vinegar weed killer [Re: bowhunter27295] #8654669
08/31/26 01:25 PM
08/31/26 01:25 PM
Joined: Mar 2023
WI
WI Outdoors Offline
trapper
WI Outdoors  Offline
trapper

Joined: Mar 2023
WI
Didn't work for me.

Re: Vinegar weed killer [Re: bowhunter27295] #8654673
08/31/26 01:32 PM
08/31/26 01:32 PM
Joined: Sep 2016
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Sep 2016
MB
I tried it twice. It kinda kills them temporarily. The weeds seem to bounce back a couple days later and keep growing.
I completely soaked the plants and wasn?t skimpy at all.

Dandelions closed and turned brown, then recovered and turned green and yellow again, almost seemed to thrive afterwards.


Cold as ice!

Clique non-member

100% Manly
Re: Vinegar weed killer [Re: bowhunter27295] #8654697
08/31/26 02:58 PM
08/31/26 02:58 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Very SE Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Dec 2006
Very SE Nebraska
Diesel fuel is a great weedkiller but who can afford that!


Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Vinegar weed killer [Re: bowhunter27295] #8654713
08/31/26 03:53 PM
08/31/26 03:53 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
the vinegar only kills the greens, temporarily, roots aren't affected. Saw 30% vinegar at Lowes the other day

Re: Vinegar weed killer [Re: bowhunter27295] #8654715
08/31/26 03:58 PM
08/31/26 03:58 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Dec 2006
East-Central Wisconsin
I used the 30% vinegar, salt and soap on the cracks in our church parking lot. I did about 60% of it and the control was good. Will see how much grows back. I know it does not kill roots.


Bryce

Re: Vinegar weed killer [Re: bowhunter27295] #8654752
08/31/26 06:19 PM
08/31/26 06:19 PM
Joined: May 2023
Virginia
G
GUNNLEG Offline
trapper
GUNNLEG  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: May 2023
Virginia
Wasting your time from my experience. As many said, it?ll brown out, but that?s all. Comes right back.

Re: Vinegar weed killer [Re: bowhunter27295] #8654763
08/31/26 06:45 PM
08/31/26 06:45 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

Joined: Nov 2014
east central WI
Glyphosate is about .40-.50 cents /gallon depending upon how strong you mix it.
I suspect vinegar is more expensive.

Glyphosate does not linger in the soil, vinegar?

I'll stick with glyphosate, I like to do a job and its done, don't like having to do it again.

Re: Vinegar weed killer [Re: bowhunter27295] #8654765
08/31/26 06:47 PM
08/31/26 06:47 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Midland, MI.
Seldom Offline
trapper
Seldom  Offline
trapper

Joined: Mar 2007
Midland, MI.
I?ve used 30% vinegar straight on my pavers for moss the past 4 years. I have a lot of pavers in and out of shade and the 30% will stop it/kill it for a year but I need to give the reemerging moss a treatment early every summer. Yes, the 30% will brown the grass on the paver edges but the grass will come back but NOT the moss! Any weeds I spray do NOT come back, just the grass.

Last edited by Seldom; 08/31/26 06:49 PM.

"A few want to know WHY, the majority appear to be satisfied just knowing HOW!"
Youtube Channel- SeldomFales
Re: Vinegar weed killer [Re: bowhunter27295] #8654865
08/31/26 09:33 PM
08/31/26 09:33 PM
Joined: May 2009
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: May 2009
Champaign County, Ohio.
Vinegar is very easy to make, just put any sort of fruit in a container, covered with mesh to keep the flies out and wait about a month. Then just strain out the solids. Windfall apples are often free and work great for making vinegar. If you add sugar, it goes quicker.

Keith

Re: Vinegar weed killer [Re: bowhunter27295] #8654904
08/31/26 11:03 PM
08/31/26 11:03 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Iowa
B
Bristleback Offline
trapper
Bristleback  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Jan 2007
Iowa
Our back yard is the edge of timber, grass won?t grow, just weeds. I did the 30%vinegar+ salt+ dish soap. WOW super effective and works fast?..no more weeds!! Saw weeds wilting within a couple hours.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread