No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer #7723205
11/21/22 09:23 AM
11/21/22 09:23 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
I have a cousin that's having issues with a very poor example of a conservation officer over the last few years.
My cousin has permission to hunt 40acres behind his house. 2 years ago he took his wife hunting and she shot a very nice buck. It ran across a road and a truck shot several shots at the deer from the road then quickly worked on leading it. Naturally the CO was called. The blood trail was obvious the hole in the deer came from the opposite side that the direction the guy in the truck was shooting from. Not even mentioning that shooting feonm a vehicle is illegal.
But the poacher is a big money land owner and the deer expired on his ground, the CO hunts his property AND rents a house from the guy. Let's just say it was a very sad day for the Indiana Conservation officers that day and left a very negative impact on a young woman trying to do the right think and tag her first buck.

Two formal complaints were dismissed.
Yesterday evening my cousin now geting divorced so only his 2nd time hunting shot a 180 + hit it hard and again when it stoped at the wood line. Blood out of this world but crossed the property line again.

He backed out to make some calls going to try to get a CO to help him recover his deer. Little did he know the same CO from before would come out to him getting in his face where he has permission to be and accuse him of trespassing, killing his deer he has been hunting since October, treating to take him to jail and being a basic antler crazed jack booted thug. He not only won't help him recover his deer but does not want him to and want it for himself. He said he would send him some pictures of it if he finds it.It's a very sad thing and will not be corrected becust the guy is connected. Formal complaints do no good .

It gives our very good Conservation officers a bad name but I'm sure they also know how he is or at least have herd rumors of it by now so at best are complicit. It's hard to teach my kids respect for them when they hear about this type of behavior from a cousin they really look up to.

Just thought I would share some examples and experience on why I don't always jump on the back the blue band wagon and prefere to keep them art arms length. And why many people distrust them. It only takes a few bad ones to run the batch.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 11/21/22 09:31 AM.
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723210
11/21/22 09:33 AM
11/21/22 09:33 AM
MD
D
DaveP Offline
trapper
DaveP  Offline
trapper
D

MD
I know some fantastic ones and some that are scum.
Just like the general population.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723212
11/21/22 09:34 AM
11/21/22 09:34 AM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

You become part of the problem by grouping "them" all together.

Does one "bad" egg make the entire dozen bad?

Come on! Teach you kids and yourself how to single out the good from the bad.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723216
11/21/22 09:35 AM
11/21/22 09:35 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
You call the landowner, then the Sheriff if that happens, not the Gamewarden. If you have problems with a CO, You call his boss, then his bosses boss. Works , Trust me.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723227
11/21/22 09:46 AM
11/21/22 09:46 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Cousin should of filmed it the second time.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723228
11/21/22 09:47 AM
11/21/22 09:47 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
A lot could be said here ...

Throwing out all the He said she said stuff; if they would practice and learn deer anatomy- and ONLY limit themselves to shots like upper leg Scapula (and a couple others) the Deer would Fold up like a dove.

Range time and anatomy lessons would
Seem to be a couple ways they could avoid many issues.

Also take the complaints higher in chain of command. Almost everyone has a Boss.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723230
11/21/22 09:50 AM
11/21/22 09:50 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Does Indiana have retrieval rights of wounded game is my question if ends up on private property? Here unarmed retrieval applies to small game but not to big game.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7723233
11/21/22 09:53 AM
11/21/22 09:53 AM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

I'm sorry you got that from my post. I thought it was Cristal clear this turd leaves a much larger stain on the hard working honest salt of the earth CO'S.

But they don't police their own. Just because someone is law enforcement they don't get a free pass they get heald to higher standards.

The officer is also from a politically connected family in the county. Short of video of the events nothing will happen and there is none of that. And if there was it would likely go nowhere.

Have you ever been at a point in your life when your so low your hanging by a thread? Like say maybe getting divorced and you have very little keeping you sane. That jack boot has no idea how close he came to being a 15 min hero. On the news..

A true piece of scum stomping on someone doing everything right and legal becuse he is jealous a deer he wanted to kill was killed by someone else.

I'm going to see if my cousin wants me to take the boys down and have them tag out on that county. I will get video.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Law Dog] #7723237
11/21/22 09:57 AM
11/21/22 09:57 AM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Does Indiana have retrieval rights of wounded game is my question if ends up on private property? Here unarmed retrieval applies to small game but not to big game.

Must have land owner permission

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723240
11/21/22 10:01 AM
11/21/22 10:01 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
Well your cousin could blast the dude and the organization on Facebook. I mean posting on their pages, not just his own. Seems like that’s how people fight nowadays.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723244
11/21/22 10:03 AM
11/21/22 10:03 AM
Pa
W
Wright Brothers Offline
trapper
Wright Brothers  Offline
trapper
W

Pa
Sick the divorce lawyer on him, they like big bucks.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723250
11/21/22 10:12 AM
11/21/22 10:12 AM
Wabash, IN USA
Flipper 56 Offline
trapper
Flipper 56  Offline
trapper

Wabash, IN USA
Does he hunt close to the property line? I have seen deer with a lethal hit go 80 to 100 yards, smart play is to back off the property line so this doesn't happen. I put my farm in wildlife habitat and have had people sit right behind my house on the line. I just go tell them to back off because if they shoot one and it runs into my cover they aren't going after it. If I let them, my place would be surrounded and I have also had people shoot across the line.

"Where Can A Man Find Bear Beaver And Other Critters Worth Cash Money When Skinned?"

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: DWC] #7723252
11/21/22 10:14 AM
11/21/22 10:14 AM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by DWC
Well your cousin could blast the dude and the organization on Facebook. I mean posting on their pages, not just his own. Seems like that’s how people fight nowadays.

We're not much on social media. I thought about calling the head dnr office in the capital but without any proof we are just hear say at best.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723258
11/21/22 10:23 AM
11/21/22 10:23 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Some of the worst poachers I have known were game wardens or their kids. However, that was the exception not the rule.

Like mentioned above, sounds like some range time and anatomy lessons are in order.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723263
11/21/22 10:33 AM
11/21/22 10:33 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by Law Dog

Must have land owner permission

So is that the issue here or am I missing something not enforcing the road hunting should be addressed but go outside the area or you will get no place fast. If there is no retrieval and the deer is on private ground I don’t see a case about that, landowner rights.

The right thing and the law don’t go hand in hand every time and is abused by some because they can.

Last edited by Law Dog; 11/21/22 10:37 AM.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Blaine County] #7723266
11/21/22 10:35 AM
11/21/22 10:35 AM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by Blaine County
Like mentioned above, sounds like some range time and anatomy lessons are in order.

careful, BC...your post might get deleted, too!

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723269
11/21/22 10:38 AM
11/21/22 10:38 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Not wanting to ruffle feathers, but after the first instance he should’ve known better.

We used to hunt 12ac that was in the shape of a pencil. At the widest point in was 150yds wide.
First thing we did was talk to both landowners on either side of us. One didn’t have an issue, just retrieve it if we saw it fall. The other wanted to be called immediately and wait until he showed up.
Next thing was teach my boys where to shoot and drop a deer on the spot…high shoulder and neck.
In 4 years of hunting that land, we had one deer that made it all of 50yds on the side we could retrieve on. I still called the landowner and informed him incase he saw me on a camera.
I even shot 4 deer with a bow out of the stand that was dead center of the widest point.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723276
11/21/22 10:52 AM
11/21/22 10:52 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

He should ask for the officer's body cam video. (Disregard this as I just went back and read where there is no officer video)

Any future encounters he should video the officer himself with his phone.

Last edited by Swamp Wolf; 11/21/22 10:54 AM.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Wanna Be] #7723278
11/21/22 10:55 AM
11/21/22 10:55 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Not wanting to ruffle feathers, but after the first instance he should’ve known better.

We used to hunt 12ac that was in the shape of a pencil. At the widest point in was 150yds wide.
First thing we did was talk to both landowners on either side of us. One didn’t have an issue, just retrieve it if we saw it fall. The other wanted to be called immediately and wait until he showed up.
Next thing was teach my boys where to shoot and drop a deer on the spot…high shoulder and neck.
In 4 years of hunting that land, we had one deer that made it all of 50yds on the side we could retrieve on. I still called the landowner and informed him incase he saw me on a camera.
I even shot 4 deer with a bow out of the stand that was dead center of the widest point.

Amen to That...

NRA and NTA Life Member

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723281
11/21/22 11:02 AM
11/21/22 11:02 AM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
I know quite a few people that I consider to be very good friends that are employed by my states Conservation & Law Enforcement Division They do their job well and they are true professionals . And they are an asset to their employer and all that live in that state I value their friendship very much .From time to time I hear of some of the incidents that are part of them doing their jobs .If any of us had to deal with some of the fools they encounter on a regular basis We. would likely get upset and perhaps have a bad day also .I must also say that some of my meetings with the officers that did not go about doing their job in the same professional manner as the others I mentioned before can be some real arrogant jerks Some are on a power trip .Others get some satisfaction in how many fines they hand out . And in some cases those people that are enforcing the law are using their position to be law breaker themselves When that happens everyone loses Most often even though it is extremely rare they are the ones that we see as a part of human anatomy. that is vital to our every day existence but it still smells bad at times If you are certain you are in the right than go to the next man up his supervisor and file a complaint Have proof and most of all be professional .Yelling and name calling works against you And take an honest look a what is happening and look for ways to avoid those situations ..

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723283
11/21/22 11:04 AM
11/21/22 11:04 AM
CO
R
Ringneck1 Offline
trapper
Ringneck1  Offline
trapper
R

CO
You have got to register a complaint, in person, with this guys immediate supervisor. Figure out where the administration office is, call in there to get an appointment, show up and talk to supervisor calmly and rationally. Expect and welcome scrutiny cause you're going to get some so have your ducks in a row. Recognize most game wardens figure if they are not getting a complaint or two, they are doing a poor job. You gotta stick with it to show the leadership that this is way above the normal hunter complaint and borders on harrassment. At some level the supervisor will want to make the complaints stop.

If that doesn't work go on up the line. Good luck.

Is this rifle hunting or archery?

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723286
11/21/22 11:13 AM
11/21/22 11:13 AM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Online content
trapper
Jurassic Park  Online Content
trapper
J

MB
Is this the same cousin in both cases or two different cousins?

If it’s the same, he should have learned from that first incident. I would never call a CO again if he did that to me.

Also he must be hunting pretty darn close to someone’s property line when they give the smack down on a deer and blood every where, and they’re still running to the neighbours property.

Cold as ice!
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723289
11/21/22 11:16 AM
11/21/22 11:16 AM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Blain County my cousin could teach you lessons and has shot more rounds than most people walking. But I'm sure every deer you shoot drops in its tracks with a head shot. Especially 400 yard shots. He had probably shot more rounds out of one of his bolt guns alone than you have in your life. I know one thar has been set back 3 times then replaced with new barrel when it was not able to be set back again. That one barrel had 17k rounds through it. Carry on your ignorance is showing.

The problem is not the the deer crossed the property line. That's how it goes sometimes. That deer is a lose. Sucks but nothing you can do.

The problem Is the guy not prosecuting road hunting and going out of his was to harassing my cousin being where he was right and legal to be make threats and out right lie and using his badge to bully him.

My cousin called another CO we know and his reply was. The other Co should have called the land owner but if they said no the answer is no We know that. He also said that that officer is like that and acts like that a lot with a lot of people. And proves my point his Co workers know how he is.

That game warden was not on duty but hunting on the adjacent land came over to him in his warden vehicle lights flashing and acused him of trespassing , killing his deer he has been hunting since october,, and messing up his hunt. He went so far as to say he saw him trespassing the forgot his lye and claimed to have a witness that would testify he was.
He never did, infact tracking with the hunt map shows that. It's just the guy being jerks. But boot lickers will be boot lickers.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723293
11/21/22 11:18 AM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Jurassic it's big field country with tree lines and thickets and his chunk is only 40 acres. Shots can be long 398 in this case.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723294
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
Lot of facets to this diamond. We run into the same situation. Small properties, so same deer are being chased by a lot of hunters. Especially if it's Mr. Big. Guy that hunts the property across the road from me told me there were about 10 different guys after the same bucks he was. Which is why I plug the yearling does. Nobody cares about those and a pound of ground from one of those is just as good to me.

To pile on to what others have suggested, first and best solution is to drop them where they stand, so no running off to chase. Nephew had nasty confrontation with adjacent owner last year. He took an ill advised shot at Mr. Big, hit him, but he lost blood trail 1/4 mile away, on adjacent property. Deer was never found. Neighbor is a hot head who was after that buck, so gonna be no fixing that relationship. Jumping fences for us is even worse when bow hunting, and especially so when you suck at it.

As to CO in question, years ago, I ran into same situation with a Farmers Home Administration loan officer. Employee of USDA. County office, but very well connected at state level. His indiscretion? Was making loans to single mothers in exchange for bedroom favors. Had a whole milk run setup. Probably over a dozen or more once they documented all of it. Took a long, long time, but he was eventually fired, as was his contacts up top. If they are rotten to the core, it eventually catches up to them.

Last edited by HayDay; 11/21/22 11:20 AM.
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723299
11/21/22 11:23 AM
11/21/22 11:23 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Blain County my cousin could teach you lessons and has shot more rounds than most people walking. But I'm sure every deer you shoot drops in its tracks with a head shot. Especially 400 yard shots. He had probably shot more rounds out of one of his bolt guns alone than you have in your life. I know one thar has been set back 3 times then replaced with new barrel when it was not able to be set back again. That one barrel had 17k rounds through it. Carry on your ignorance is showing.

The problem is not the the deer crossed the property line. That's how it goes sometimes. That deer is a lose. Sucks but nothing you can do.

The problem Is the guy not prosecuting road hunting and going out of his was to harassing my cousin being where he was right and legal to be make threats and out right lie and using his badge to bully him.

My cousin called another CO we know and his reply was. The other Co should have called the land owner but if they said no the answer is no We know that. He also said that that officer is like that and acts like that a lot with a lot of people. And proves my point his Co workers know how he is.

That game warden was not on duty but hunting on the adjacent land came over to him in his warden vehicle lights flashing and acused him of trespassing , killing his deer he has been hunting since october,, and messing up his hunt. He went so far as to say he saw him trespassing the forgot his lye and claimed to have a witness that would testify he was.
He never did, infact tracking with the hunt map shows that. It's just the guy being jerks. But boot lickers will be boot lickers.

Now I'm confused. First you said your cousin called the CO (both times) and now you're saying he didn't but the guy was hunting nearby and came running over when he shot?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723302
11/21/22 11:27 AM
11/21/22 11:27 AM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

I bet. Sounds like a real sniper. Can he give us all marital advice too?

You came on a public forum telling his story then you get all bent out of shape because people did not jump on your drama train--which seems to run a lot.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723303
11/21/22 11:31 AM
11/21/22 11:31 AM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
He called the first time . This time he walked the 2' wide blood trails enough to see it made be it across the line then went back to his truck to call one of the good wardens we know but before he got through to him the other guy came up on him. Hope that clears it up if I jumbled it.
Sorry I'm angry , recovering form being sick and excitedly behind on everything from beings sick.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 11/21/22 11:32 AM.
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Blaine County] #7723309
11/21/22 11:41 AM
11/21/22 11:41 AM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana

You came on a public forum telling his story then you get all bent out of shape because people did not jump on your drama train--which seems to run a lot.

You have no problem jumping on with your uninformed opinions though. But I expect that out of your type. Trying to be condescending with " real snipper" for example.

No just an actual outdoorsman that really shoots and not just talking about it. Probably hard for many to comprehend. Very easy to get hi rounds counts when you have a 300 yard range I. Your back yard 30yard of your back door like he does and another place 1/2 mie away we can get out to 1150 yards. Some people dream about it and wright about it other people actually live it.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723310
11/21/22 11:45 AM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Online content
trapper
Nessmuck  Online Content
trapper
N

New Hampshire
Ohhh...the drama

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723311
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Sounds like you are surrounded by people where you hunt,bummer.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723317
11/21/22 11:54 AM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
You have to be persistent and don't expect results right away.I worked for the feds for 15 years and excusing this by saying they deal with jerks all the time is bull.They go thru a lot training to deal with situations such as this and are expected to act like professionals not Sheriff Fudd.Just calling his supervisor may or may not produce results,especially if they work out of the same office and chum around together after work.Go up the chain of command and don't let it go.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Diggerman] #7723318
Pennsylvania
P
patrapperbuster Offline
trapper
patrapperbuster  Offline
trapper
P

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by Diggerman
You call the landowner, then the Sheriff if that happens, not the Gamewarden. If you have problems with a CO, You call his boss, then his bosses boss. Works , Trust me.

Lot of truth there.

Corruption hates when you cross lines & departments

Till that day.....
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Blaine County] #7723328
11/21/22 12:22 PM
11/21/22 12:22 PM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

I'm "hip", BC.

[same thing happened to me on another PF thread. on that one, my response got deleted by mods.]

Last edited by white marlin; 11/21/22 12:48 PM.
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7723338
11/21/22 12:33 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
He should ask for the officer's body cam video. (Disregard this as I just went back and read where there is no officer video)

He was going to get his phone out of the truck but the officer wouldn't let him open the truck. Must have been scared of geting on video and the rifle in the truck. Funny he never thought about the possibility of the concealed gun on his hip.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723339
SD
T
TC1 Offline
trapper
TC1  Offline
trapper
T

SD
PF, coming on here wasting your time is not going to do a darn thing, but make drama. Your time, in this case for sure, would be much better spent contacting your state’s supervisors of this guy. It is public information that is quite easy to get. That is, if you really want to resolve the issue….

Long live the MAGA King
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: TC1] #7723362
11/21/22 01:16 PM
11/21/22 01:16 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Reportng to the head warden in the state with detailed documentation may not get your cousin justice but having those reports in the CO's file won't help him in the long run. We all want money and power but when it is used against us we don't approve. (the shooting from the road). We here can only read and then offer thoughts but no real resolution.

Bryce

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723364
11/21/22 01:21 PM
11/21/22 01:21 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
in kansas the whole agency is corrupt......it really cannot get any worse. Park ranger was caught embezzling $ from the park. Big article in the paper with the proof. He was never prosecuted and they said they fired him. I just ran into someone who said he is now a game warden....same agency runs the parks.....kdwp. That agency is filled with people who have law enforcement powers and think they can get away with anything.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: TC1] #7723369
11/21/22 01:31 PM
11/21/22 01:31 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by TC1
PF, coming on here wasting your time is not going to do a darn thing, but make drama. Your time, in this case for sure, would be much better spent contacting your state’s supervisors of this guy. It is public information that is quite easy to get. That is, if you really want to resolve the issue….

With no proof it will go no where. 2 formal complaints filed vanished after the first time . When the first complaint vanished from the system they filed a 2nd one.Corruption is deep in that area. The good CO'S tend to keep their heads down. And there are some out standing officers in that district.

This one is just not well suited for his position. But his family is vary well connected like a judge is ni his family and a road has his last name.

It very common for big money land owners to run rough shaped over the little people. They hire off duty leo to patrol using their cop cars burning county paid for fuel as their own privet police force. Of course the job cuts with hunting privileges to the in clubs. They think they own the entire county. Judges the district attorney are all in the click.

I have not hunted in that area in years. I still work down there but have not hunted down there since I moved. But I wacthed how it works for decades when I did hunt and live down there.

Without clear video evidence and making thet publicly available nothing will change there. I'm not involved but I'm ticked such a low life is using his badge to bully the little guy.

This post was not ment to start drama. Just point out why not all conservation officers walk on water and should not be given a free pass automatically. Even this guys could workers know he is a jerk, but he is a well connected jerk.

Then bc decided chime in.

Someday he will come across a guy with nothing to loose or live for and bluster and bulling will get called. Then that jetk we'll be called a fallen hero and talked about how wonderful he was and such a great public servant. And who ever the poor chap that looses it on him will spent the rest of his life in jail.

For all those like Blain County feel free to put me on ignore .

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723371
11/21/22 01:35 PM
11/21/22 01:35 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Haha, didn’t even know there was an ignore feature until I went to send someone a message and it told me I wasn’t allowed. Guess I got under someone’s skin in the past and didn’t know it.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723372
11/21/22 01:37 PM
11/21/22 01:37 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
You don't have a warden issue, you have a CO system issue and we are not able to help you or any outdoor persons in IN get resolution for that. Does not sound like it is new either or to just thise individual. Also looks as if the local LE staff is involve as well. Money talks and that makes for less compliance to any and all ordinances or regs.

Bryce

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Boco] #7723376
11/21/22 01:43 PM
11/21/22 01:43 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Boco
Sounds like you are surrounded by people where you hunt,bummer.

Yes baco it's not wide open wilderness down here. Lots of big land owners , leasing, and small acres with houses mixed in. There are some nice size 20k acres pieces of public ground within an hour. The boys hunt on our farm and public ground. The public gets crowded and some is rugged and steep with near 200" elevation changes. The terrain acts as a funnel and keeps most hunters close to the road.

But I prefer hunting the big public tracks with their lower deer population becuse I don't like being boxed in. I don't have any problems with my neighbor and have only had one of ours make it 3 bounds over the line. I also welcomed them and helped them track a buck they shot across my farm before the blood ran out.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723377
11/21/22 01:44 PM
11/21/22 01:44 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I know of a couple instances where the LEO in question was either assigned a different county or promoted to a desk job. For the most part they’ve all been good. I’ve even hunted with a few and had a great time.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723378
11/21/22 01:45 PM
11/21/22 01:45 PM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

With no proof it will go no where. 2 formal complaints filed vanished after the first time . When the first complaint vanished from the system they filed a 2nd one.Corruption is deep in that area. The good CO'S tend to keep their heads down. And there are some out standing officers in that district.

This one is just not well suited for his position. But his family is vary well connected like a judge is ni his family and a road has his last name.

It very common for big money land owners to run rough shaped over the little people. They hire off duty leo to patrol using their cop cars burning county paid for fuel as their own privet police force. Of course the job cuts with hunting privileges to the in clubs. They think they own the entire county. Judges the district attorney are all in the click.

so much to "unpack" here, but I won't waste my time. I could offer some thoughts that could explain some of this to a rational person; and a concrete suggestion to help, if what he's saying is actually true.

but PF has already decided to be a "Victim-by-Proxy" in this case. And his automatic response to having his assertions even QUESTIONED, is to lash out.

Carry On, Mr. Victim.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Wanna Be] #7723380
11/21/22 01:47 PM
11/21/22 01:47 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Haha, didn’t even know there was an ignore feature until I went to send someone a message and it told me I wasn’t allowed. Guess I got under someone’s skin in the past and didn’t know it.

I did the same. Went to send scuba a pm conserving his post about his gift but couldn't becuse I was on ignore. O well was trying to keep him out of a hot seat.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723382
11/21/22 01:51 PM
11/21/22 01:51 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I dont think it is necessary to put anyone on ignore in order to ignore them.
That seems very childish.

PF,Plaster that CO's face all over local facebook and any other media you can and slander the h--- out of him-remember its not slander if you are telling the truth.
And get a couple hundred of your friends/family to do the same.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723392
11/21/22 02:01 PM
11/21/22 02:01 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
be careful who you make enemies of....especially when it will not do anything to resolve the situation. you need to play the game so it benefits you or at least is not to your detriment.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Marty] #7723397
11/21/22 02:12 PM
11/21/22 02:12 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Marty
be careful who you make enemies of....especially when it will not do anything to resolve the situation. you need to play the game so it benefits you or at least is not to your detriment.

Thats called the Ben Dover attitude.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723401
11/21/22 02:22 PM
11/21/22 02:22 PM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

With no proof it will go no where. 2 formal complaints filed vanished after the first time .

well, what SHOULD have been done to him; considering you admit you have "no proof"?

Last edited by white marlin; 11/21/22 03:24 PM.
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723407
11/21/22 02:30 PM
11/21/22 02:30 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
In KY. doesn't matter where you shoot a deer if it goes on private property you need landowner permission to retrieve it. Is that the law there?

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723408
11/21/22 02:33 PM
11/21/22 02:33 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

This reminds me of the old Coonman posts.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723412
11/21/22 02:46 PM
11/21/22 02:46 PM
Pillager, Minnesota
P
patfundine Offline
trapper
patfundine  Offline
trapper
P

Pillager, Minnesota
I have a CO that I tried to turn in several times, but was unsuccessful. Good luck. This guy used his badge to steal from me. In the end I came out ahead by using my powers to lighten his wallet on a repair bill.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: bblwi] #7723441
11/21/22 03:43 PM
11/21/22 03:43 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by bblwi
You don't have a warden issue, you have a CO system issue and we are not able to help you or any outdoor persons in IN get resolution for that. Does not sound like it is new either or to just thise individual. Also looks as if the local LE staff is involve as well. Money talks and that makes for less compliance to any and all ordinances or regs.

Bryce

You have no idea. Fla few decades back wild hogs showed up. Everyone knows the county prosicuter turnd them out on his huge coal mine lease to hunt with all the big shots. Luckily thay never grew to a large population and the last one I know of that was shot by a guy deer hunting was several years back

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7723458
11/21/22 04:11 PM
11/21/22 04:11 PM
kansas
L
larrywaugh Offline
trapper
larrywaugh  Offline
trapper
L

kansas

I must have missed the part of the original post where he grouped all of "Them: together. I did see where he said it gives the good officers a bad name. Which is true.

Won't take no prisoners,won't spare no lives.
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723467
11/21/22 04:27 PM
11/21/22 04:27 PM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline
trapper
L

PA
Remember, when going after revenge, always dig two graves.....just sayin.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723478
11/21/22 04:50 PM
11/21/22 04:50 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Looks likes nothing has changed here! LOL

Jerry Herbst
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723565
11/21/22 07:04 PM
11/21/22 07:04 PM
Lakes Region Indiana
L
loosanarrow Offline
trapper
loosanarrow  Offline
trapper
L

Lakes Region Indiana
I deal with Indiana Conservation Officers several times a year, and while I have had one check me out very thoroughly because I got under the skin of a Fish and Wildlife Area assistant director, all of them, including the one that was “sicked” on me, have been professional and have not abused their power at all. The one did check out every detail, but after finding no violations he said “have a good rest of your hunt sir!”.

No matter what the rights/wrongs of this particular situation, I do have some advice for future contact with Indiana COs. Always initiate any contact by calling central dispatch- (812) 837-9536. Yes, I have cell phone numbers for several officers, but I would only call them for personal “non-business” stuff like talking about the game or to go drink a beer. When you start with central dispatch, you have initiated a dispatch to the officer that gets the the job, and there is a record starting with the main office. I have never called central dispatch and not had my concern addressed. It may not help at this point, and there may be no way to help your situation from your perspective, but I highly recommend always calling central dispatch first when contacting DNR law enforcement.

Worth noting that in IN conservation officers tend to be very professional and are the preeminent law enforcement in the state. They are the only law enforcement officers tasked with enforcing every state law, and are the only LEO who can arrest the governor. In MOST cases, this holds them to a high standard of training and professionalism. Not saying it’s impossible for an abuse of authority to happen, but it does bode well for the advice that others have given to take it higher on the chain of command - if a CO s abusing authority, I don’t get the feeling that the lieutenants will take that kind of thing lightly. But you better be sure your ducks are in a row, that you have not done anything that is a violation, and that you are not pulling any baloney with them if you start down that path.

Website www.mgnbd.com
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723570
11/21/22 07:11 PM
11/21/22 07:11 PM
North Pole ak
T
Team V Offline
trapper
Team V  Offline
trapper
T

North Pole ak
Rule of thumb never call a Leo no good will come of it they are not your friend our buddy they have a job to do and some are narcissist . Some are good some are bad but you don’t know what your getting when you call .I find it is just best to not include them in any dealings . Next time just go to land owner that is my 2 cents .

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723592
11/21/22 07:31 PM
11/21/22 07:31 PM
SD
T
Tray Offline
"Wilson Jr."
Tray  Offline
"Wilson Jr."
T

SD
Just have him keep shooting bucks, eventually they will let him retrieve one of them out of fear they are going to run out of deer.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723604
11/21/22 07:43 PM
11/21/22 07:43 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.

He was going to get his phone out of the truck but the officer wouldn't let him open the truck. Must have been scared of geting on video and the rifle in the truck. Funny he never thought about the possibility of the concealed gun on his hip.

What do you mean," officer wouldnt let him open the truck"? Was he being detained? People, You need to understand your rights, You do not need to take crap from a CO, If you feel the least bit uncomfortable, You call 911 or ask for his superior. If you did nothing wrong and are in the right, you certainly shouldnt take any crap. If you did, you deserve it.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723619
11/21/22 07:51 PM
11/21/22 07:51 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Similar happened here last year.Friend of my older son shot a slammer buck during bow season.Although he did nothing wrong,,a local warden liked to hunt very near where he got it.Gave him the third degree.Kicker is,,this kid wouldn't poach an egg let alone any game.Theres good ones and bad ones just like any walk in life.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723625
11/21/22 07:53 PM
11/21/22 07:53 PM
Minnesota
M
Muskeg Offline
trapper
Muskeg  Offline
trapper
M

Minnesota
A few rules of engagement for future consideration because IMO you ain’t getting nothing out of this encounter but more aggravation

Always film and record interactions with guberment officials

Be very careful what you say to them and better to not to say anything

Don’t invite them into a situation. Because there isn’t situation that they can’t make worse

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723662
11/21/22 08:17 PM
11/21/22 08:17 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
We have a doe season here in KS. Dont have to deal with trophy hunters

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: danny clifton] #7723665
11/21/22 08:19 PM
11/21/22 08:19 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Originally Posted by danny clifton
We have a doe season here in KS. Dont have to deal with trophy hunters

A doe season? As in only certain times of the year you can shoot a doe?

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Boco] #7723673
11/21/22 08:30 PM
11/21/22 08:30 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by Boco
Originally Posted by Marty

Thats called the Ben Dover attitude.

I thought it was the canadien attitude?

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723683
11/21/22 08:38 PM
11/21/22 08:38 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
A doe only season Wanna be. During the regular season you have to buy a pricey either sex tag before you can buy anterless only. in the antlerless only season you dont have to.

Some good guys in our wildlife dept but seems they no longer have much influence

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723690
11/21/22 08:43 PM
11/21/22 08:43 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

It's hard to teach my kids respect for THEM when they hear about this type of behavior from a cousin they really look up to.

Just thought I would share some examples and experience on why I don't always jump on the back the blue band wagon and prefere to keep THEM art arms length. And why many people distrust THEM.

The use of the word "THEM" 3 times in 3 sentences is why I interpreted this as grouping all officers together. Most of THEM do deserve respect...like anyone else.. No need to keep THEM at arms length. Most of THEM can be trusted.

Hope it all works out for your cuz.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723709
11/21/22 08:58 PM
11/21/22 08:58 PM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
In this state of makes on the neighbors they can choose to let it rot.
There is good and bad in this world
Had some fine warden s some not to good just hunters and people.
Use smaller gun place your shot
Bigger not better in guns

Kenneth schoening
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723721
11/21/22 09:09 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
there is no longer a majority of 'good' law enforcement or the bad ones would be taken out by the good ones....

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7723722
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
It's hard to teach my kids respect for THEM when they hear about this type of behavior from a cousin they really look up to.

Just thought I would share some examples and experience on why I don't always jump on the back the blue band wagon and prefere to keep THEM art arms length. And why many people distrust THEM.

The use of the word "THEM" 3 times in 3 sentences is why I interpreted this as grouping all officers together. Most of THEM do deserve respect...like anyone else.. No need to keep THEM at arms length. Most of THEM can be trusted.

Hope it all works out for your cuz.

SW, I do respect you here. Your post though could be interpreted as your a retired GW who still protects GW's no matter what, thin green line lol. However you gave advice to the OP to tell his Cousin to record future encounters. That's solid advice and unfortunately in the times we're in, necessary and kudos for giving it. It sucks to have to record and spend money on a gopro.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on how DNR's seem to be going left.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723730
11/21/22 09:17 PM
11/21/22 09:17 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
When I was a kid the old saying "A man is only as good as his word" was something people really believed.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: danny clifton] #7723732
11/21/22 09:20 PM
11/21/22 09:20 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by danny clifton
When I was a kid the old saying "A man is only as good as his word" was something people really believed.

It was like that, not so much now. Now, you have to CYA even for law abiding folk.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723735
11/21/22 09:28 PM
11/21/22 09:28 PM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline
trapper
L

PA
It would be against the law to not follow up on a deer here in PA, it would be a wanton waste violation. Anybody know what the law is here in PA about crossing property lines to retrieve your kill?

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Muskeg] #7723737
11/21/22 09:31 PM
11/21/22 09:31 PM
Oregon
H
H2ORat Offline
trapper
H2ORat  Offline
trapper
H

Oregon
Originally Posted by Muskeg
A few rules of engagement for future consideration because IMO you ain’t getting nothing out of this encounter but more aggravation

Always film and record interactions with guberment officials

Be very careful what you say to them and better to not to say anything

Don’t invite them into a situation. Because there isn’t situation that they can’t make worse

AMEN

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: lumberjack391] #7723743
11/21/22 09:35 PM
11/21/22 09:35 PM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by lumberjack391
It would be against the law to not follow up on a deer here in PA, it would be a wanton waste violation. Anybody know what the law is here in PA about crossing property lines to retrieve your kill?

Pg. 17 of the Digest...

"unlawful for a hunter to refuse or neglect to make a reasonable effort to retrieve any killed or injured game or wildlife. Hunters attempting to recover wildlife are not permitted to enter private property without permission."

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723757
11/21/22 09:44 PM
11/21/22 09:44 PM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline
trapper
L

PA
Gotcha.......

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Wright Brothers] #7723785
11/21/22 10:12 PM
11/21/22 10:12 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Wright Brothers
Sick the divorce lawyer on him, they like big bucks.

Yea,,her divorce lawyer,,not his.Hahahaaa

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723792
11/21/22 10:20 PM
11/21/22 10:20 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Catch22,
Most folks can record good quality video with their cell phones.

I can only speak to Georgia DNR about left or right trending. Here the agency's LE is a separate division and there is no left leaning whatsoever by DNR LE officers. All I know are so conservative they could've spoke at the Republican National Convention.

The wildlife resources division of Ga DNR includes biologists and many of the younger & newer ones are so far left that they would make Biden look conservative.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7723795
11/21/22 10:27 PM
11/21/22 10:27 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Catch22,

I can only speak to Georgia DNR about left or right trending. Here the agency's LE is a separate division and there is no left leaning whatsoever by DNR LE officers. All I know are so conservative they could've spoke at the Republican National Convention.

The wildlife resources division of Ga DNR includes biologists and many of the younger & newer ones are so far left that they would make Biden look conservative.

I appreciate that.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723798
11/21/22 10:29 PM
11/21/22 10:29 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I know video evidence got me out of a situation when I showed up to court and showed the judge my interaction. I got the GW on video talking about he knew if he checked me enough he’d find something…4 days in a row. Won’t go into details but he called me at my house about 2 hours after checking me and told me to come back to where we were hunting because he found something and I was getting a ticket. I had already videoed day #2 and 3 and videoed day 4 and again when I went back to see what he found. Never got checked by him or any other GW again.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723806
11/21/22 10:34 PM
11/21/22 10:34 PM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

I'm fairly amused at the number of people who deliberately paint targets on their backs; and then complain that they are targets...

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: white marlin] #7723809
11/21/22 10:40 PM
11/21/22 10:40 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by white marlin
I'm fairly amused at the number of people who deliberately paint targets on their backs; and then complain that they are targets...

What lol???

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723810
11/21/22 10:41 PM
11/21/22 10:41 PM
North Pole ak
T
Team V Offline
trapper
Team V  Offline
trapper
T

North Pole ak
Because they call the Leo as stated before don’t involve them and if they get involved shut up tell them you plea th 5 and ask for your attorney. The moment you open your lips they will use any thing against you and will lie in the process to get what they want . Treat them like some one you would trust for anything.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: white marlin] #7723812
11/21/22 10:43 PM
11/21/22 10:43 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny

Till its YOUR turn in the barrel.And don't think it cant happen no matter how honest and law abiding you are.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Wanna Be] #7723815
11/21/22 10:46 PM
11/21/22 10:46 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

I know video evidence got me out of a situation when I showed up to court and showed the judge my interaction. I got the GW on video talking about he knew if he checked me enough he’d find something…4 days in a row. Won’t go into details but he called me at my house about 2 hours after checking me and told me to come back to where we were hunting because he found something and I was getting a ticket. I had already videoed day #2 and 3 and videoed day 4 and again when I went back to see what he found. Never got checked by him or any other GW again.

GA DNR LE officers love having body cameras. It shows the true interactions with the public. I am familiar with several incidents where folks made a complaint on an officer but wanted it rescinded when they learned there was a video. So, it works both ways.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: upstateNY] #7723816
11/21/22 10:47 PM
11/21/22 10:47 PM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by upstateNY

Till its YOUR turn in the barrel.And don't think it cant happen no matter how honest and law abiding you are.

I can appreciate what you're saying...and I DO think there is some truth there.

but there are a LOT of guys out there who "shade" things to get an edge, and aren't real shy about talking about their "prowess"....

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723828
11/21/22 11:02 PM
11/21/22 11:02 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Bring all your buddies and kill as many as you legally can until there's nothing left for the neighbors grin

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723857
11/21/22 11:28 PM
11/21/22 11:28 PM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
Plead the fifth then here in Wi you will hear, you are going to be cited for "obstruction of justice". There are good wardens but not so good also.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723862
11/21/22 11:32 PM
11/21/22 11:32 PM
Southwest Iowa
Goos Offline
trapper
Goos  Offline
trapper

Southwest Iowa
Gosh darn it i didn't pop enough corn!

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: AntiGov] #7723870
11/21/22 11:39 PM
11/21/22 11:39 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by AntiGov
Bring all your buddies and kill as many as you legally can until there's nothing left for the neighbors grin

I have been thinking about that. But it's 2.5 hrs away from me. And these people don't have values. They will shoot from a road and claim deer they didn't kill. They don't care who killed it as long as they can claim the rack.

I never understood the obsession over antler. Not really any value in them to me. Sure thay are nice for a trophy to keep. But the hunt and being out is the trophy. I have let deer larger than I have ever killed walk and not bothered to attempt to shoot him at 40 yard when my daughter didn't feel comfortable enough to make the shot with the x bow. She asked me if I could make it and I told her yes. She tried to hand me the x bow and told me to shoot it. I declined. She asked why and I told her if I shoot it it won't be here tomorrow for you to get a chance at and I would rather her kill it. Folks get plumb silly over some bone growing out of a deers head.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723924
11/22/22 01:07 AM
11/22/22 01:07 AM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
So why didn't your cousin ask the adjacent landowners permission to retrieve an animal before the season started? If he did and they said NO, then no is no. A CO isn't going to change that.

This is your cousins issue, why are you upset? There appears to be some history between the two individuals by your account. But, anything being said here is all here say. By admission ... no documented evidence. Sometimes it's better to something's go. Life is way to short, change the things you have the power to change and not worry or get upset about things you can't. This is one of those you can't change!

Teach your boys right from wrong, to always be the best they can be, and that not everything in this world works the way we all would like it to.

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723944
11/22/22 02:14 AM
11/22/22 02:14 AM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
He should have reported the game warden, the guy in the truck for poaching through the state hotline. He can also file an inspector general complaint with the state about this game warden. He can write his reps about the game warden. He can contact the DNR executive office and complain about this game warden. Goodluck man, how you guys get it fixed.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7723961
11/22/22 05:30 AM
11/22/22 05:30 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
I feel like I just watched a reality show in Spanish where I had to read the conversation. lol

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 11/22/22 05:30 AM.

-Goofy-
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7724048
11/22/22 08:51 AM
11/22/22 08:51 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
I feel like I just watched a reality show in Spanish where I had to read the conversation. lol

grin

I'm going to the "Range"...with Popcorn

NRA and NTA Life Member

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7724120
11/22/22 10:21 AM
11/22/22 10:21 AM
Denning,NY
B
bearpaws Offline
trapper
bearpaws  Offline
trapper
B

Denning,NY
I had a neighbor in upstate ny who was a dep.police. He was a the biggest poacher around.I can tell lots of stories but wont get into it here.Its very hard to go against a guy with a badge and a gun. Complaints were made about him and next thing you know any cars that visited my home or I did business with were getting pulled over and harassed by other officers. They probably didn't know anything about our relationship but listen ed to what this guy had to.say but it was a nightmare for years.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7724196
11/22/22 12:41 PM
11/22/22 12:41 PM
kansas
L
larrywaugh Offline
trapper
larrywaugh  Offline
trapper
L

kansas
I have never had an interaction with a police officer that left a bad taste in my mouth. Game wardens not so much.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7724210
11/22/22 01:07 PM
11/22/22 01:07 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Sat on a jury on a wildlife case.

You'll have better luck bucking a murder rap than you will a wildlife one. The burden of proof for wildlife enforcement is pathetic... Basically if the warden says he saw it happen, it's gospel. And there are all manner of incentives for them to abuse the system.

And I'm not lumping all CO's/GW's together... The good ones would still be good even if they had the same burden of proof as other branches of LE. But it might help cut the crap that comes from the corrupt ones.

People shouldn't violate game laws... But we shouldn't just chuck our rights out the window to protect a deer or pheasant.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Mike in A-town] #7724322
11/22/22 04:58 PM
11/22/22 04:58 PM
Missouri
A
All33 Offline
trapper
All33  Offline
trapper
A

Missouri
One of my degrees is in Criminal Justice and I also attended a six-month law enforcement academy that culminated in a career as field Game Warden for thirty-one years and ten months. I'm surprised and amazed to learn that I didn't have to follow the same rules of evidence as other LEO's. I guess all that training was wrong and I shouldn't have let it hamstring me while wearing the badge. I guess I missed the boat on being corrupt and a poacher as well.
Being a Game Warden is unique in the law enforcement world. You are dealing with folks who are recreating and sometimes you are the kill joy. That can harbor resentment and venting on the web or in the coffee shop. Complaints are part of the job. Usually, it's a way to get back at the officer. In limited circumstances it's legit. Not everyone acts the way we would prefer at all times. If I held grudges against people that caused me grief by pulling me away from days off, family gatherings, a warm bed or my kid's sporting events, I would have had a heart attack already.
The drama on here is worthy of a soap opera award at times.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7724336
11/22/22 05:15 PM
11/22/22 05:15 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
I still Say it all starts with anatomy and accuracy...

NRA and NTA Life Member

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: 330-Trapper] #7724343
11/22/22 05:28 PM
11/22/22 05:28 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

Yep , put them down on your own land and avoid all the unnecessary drama from jealous neighbors

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: AntiGov] #7724345
11/22/22 05:31 PM
11/22/22 05:31 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota

Yep , put them down on your own land and avoid all the unnecessary drama from jealous neighbors

Correct

NRA and NTA Life Member

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7724346
11/22/22 05:33 PM
11/22/22 05:33 PM
CO
R
Ringneck1 Offline
trapper
Ringneck1  Offline
trapper
R

CO
High shoulder has saved me lots of drama over the years for sure.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7724487
11/22/22 08:59 PM
11/22/22 08:59 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
What's his name ?

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: 330-Trapper] #7724556
11/22/22 10:06 PM
11/22/22 10:06 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa

And I say it's a stupid law that won't allow him to go retrieve his deer, in fact if it were in Iowa he is required, by law, to follow that blood trail until he finds and recovers the deer (or any other game or furbearing animals). You can not take your gun on private ground without permission, but you must make every attempt to retrieve it.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7724559
11/22/22 10:10 PM
11/22/22 10:10 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by Iowa DNR Regulations

RETRIEVAL & WASTE OF GAME
While taking or attempting to take game or
furbearing animals, you cannot abandon the
injured animal without making a reasonable
effort to retrieve it from the field. You cannot
leave a usable portion of the game or furbearing animal in the field. “Usable portion” in this
instance means the following: 1) for game, that
part of an animal that is customarily processed
for consumption; and 2) for furbearing animals,
the fur or hide of the animal.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7724562
11/22/22 10:15 PM
11/22/22 10:15 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I believe the law in Georgia is you have to obtain landowner permission. Hence the reason it’s always good to know your neighbors and learn how to drop a deer. Heart and lungs ain’t always the best way to go.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7724567
11/22/22 10:24 PM
11/22/22 10:24 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
6.5 Creedmore... smile

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: AntiGov] #7724580
11/22/22 10:33 PM
11/22/22 10:33 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa

Sounds great, but not every shot is perfect, and I'm sure we've all seen fatally hit deer run a hundred yards.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7724586
11/22/22 10:40 PM
11/22/22 10:40 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Fatally hit deer yes. High shoulder or neck, no. No one is doubting the shot, but if he doesn’t have 100-150yds of distance between his property and the line then you aim to drop. Especially after dealing with LEO’s the first time.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7724589
11/22/22 10:45 PM
11/22/22 10:45 PM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

interesting that Iowa grants anyone the right to enter other folks' private property

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Wanna Be] #7724596
11/22/22 10:53 PM
11/22/22 10:53 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Fatally hit deer yes. High shoulder or neck, no. No one is doubting the shot, but if he doesn’t have 100-150yds of distance between his property and the line then you aim to drop. Especially after dealing with LEO’s the first time.

1000% correct

NRA and NTA Life Member

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: white marlin] #7724598
11/22/22 10:55 PM
11/22/22 10:55 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
interesting that Iowa grants anyone the right to enter other folks' private property

It doesn't. To retrieve game only. Unarmed. I think the intention is to be able to cross the fence, grab your animal and get out.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7724601
11/22/22 11:00 PM
11/22/22 11:00 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
I think it should be settled country style.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7726139
11/24/22 06:05 PM
11/24/22 06:05 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7726148
11/24/22 06:20 PM
11/24/22 06:20 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
My dealings with game wardens has been positive except one incident in CO. But these kinds of tales are getting more common.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7728722
11/27/22 11:44 PM
11/27/22 11:44 PM
West Central GA
J
JBR Offline
trapper
JBR  Offline
trapper
J

West Central GA
Catch22,

I thjnk a lot of people would be shocked at the political views of the average game warden. At least in Georgia. Leans right is an understatement. Probably more libertarian than one would expect a LE officer to be.

"Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom." Song of Solomon 2:15
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7728724
11/27/22 11:47 PM
11/27/22 11:47 PM
West Central GA
J
JBR Offline
trapper
JBR  Offline
trapper
J

West Central GA
And for what it’s worth before i became a cop then a game warden I had a lot of interactions with them in different circumstances.
Oddly enough, one bad interaction with a local cop and a somewhat bad interaction with a game warden actually helped lead me into law enforcement.

That said, I have chewed a few folks rear end out myself but they needed it. It solved the problem too

Last edited by JBR; 11/27/22 11:47 PM.

"Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom." Song of Solomon 2:15
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: JBR] #7728949
11/28/22 11:42 AM
11/28/22 11:42 AM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
So we now have laws created by politically biased politicians and being enforced by politically leaning or biased LEOs and COs? Objectivity does not stand a chance in a game like that.
We now have public servants that don't enforce the law or what is right but what "they" believe" to be right.

Bryce

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7728959
11/28/22 12:06 PM
11/28/22 12:06 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
A solar farm has leases this property for 99 years so this is his last year to hunt it. He took his 7 year old out and and he shot a nice 4 point that was very close to being 8" spikes. He was estadicly happy. Dropped him on the spot with a 8.5" 300 blackout. The same day my cousin shot a 12 point. A nice buck but not something he would have normally shot. It takes in the 160s to get him to pull the trigger normally.

He shot that one at the base of the head at 330 yards. Was going to be sure it didn't make it to the property line.

Turned our to be a good season considering he has only hunted 3 times since he is currently out if his house with the divorce drama.

Sadly there is the jealous Scum of a warden still working the district. To bad the good ones dont him off but look the other way.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7728979
11/28/22 12:50 PM
11/28/22 12:50 PM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC
One of my absolute best friends is a retired game warden. I have learned a lot from him. Here are some things he has told me.

1. Game wardens can legally lie to you. That's right, LIE. But you cannot legally.
2. Game wardens will ask you the same question over and over and over. Answer the question once. That is all that is required.
3. Ask the officer what you can help him/her with. If he/she does not give you any answer, tell him you are busy or have an obligation you have to get to and you are leaving. And Have a nice day.

Conversations with GW/LE officers never end well when they are fishing for information and trying to get you to voluntarily give info. They will twist and wring the information out of you and use it against you in the conversation. Short answers with no detail are the order. If you give detail they will pull the "well you just said....." response. Show them the necessary paperwork on request but talk as absolute little as possible, no matter the question. If you have already answered that question, remind the officer that you have already answered that question and expound no more on that subject, period.

My last two interactions with game wardens in NC have been less than stellar. When I see them coming, I paint LIAR in red lipstick on their forehead.

Their are a lot of good game wardens out there. Most all are good. Just remember they are doing their job as they have been trained. They are trained it is ok to lie. Sad but true. Answer all questions once and once only. Be legal in all you do and end the interrogation as soon as possible. Video record the interaction with your phone. That is legal and they can say or do nothing about it.

Again, no lengthy conversation goes well with GW/LE. Silence is the word. And NEVER let them speak to your children, EVER. And tell your kids to keep their mouths shut no matter what.

All this said, I had a FANTASTIC interaction with a game warden in WY in October of last year. A fine man who was actually from NC. No hassle and actually helped us quite bit.

How many lies will people believe before they realize their own idiocy?
Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7729034
11/28/22 02:25 PM
11/28/22 02:25 PM
kansas
L
larrywaugh Offline
trapper
larrywaugh  Offline
trapper
L

kansas
Agree with what bowhunter said.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: bblwi] #7729076
11/28/22 03:17 PM
11/28/22 03:17 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by bblwi
So we now have laws created by politically biased politicians and being enforced by politically leaning or biased LEOs and COs? Objectivity does not stand a chance in a game like that.
We now have public servants that don't enforce the law or what is right but what "they" believe" to be right.

Bryce

Yeah...back in my GW days I objectively tried to convince every citizen to vote red....lol

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7729218
11/28/22 06:18 PM
11/28/22 06:18 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
A solar farm has leases this property for 99 years so this is his last year to hunt it. He took his 7 year old out and and he shot a nice 4 point that was very close to being 8" spikes. He was estadicly happy. Dropped him on the spot with a 8.5" 300 blackout. The same day my cousin shot a 12 point. A nice buck but not something he would have normally shot. It takes in the 160s to get him to pull the trigger normally.

He shot that one at the base of the head at 330 yards. Was going to be sure it didn't make it to the property line.

Turned our to be a good season considering he has only hunted 3 times since he is currently out if his house with the divorce drama.

Sadly there is the jealous Scum of a warden still working the district. To bad the good ones dont him off but look the other way.

From somebody who likes solar, please let the property owner know that he is a moron for me. Better luck next time with the deer.

Re: Dealing with crupt Conservation Officer [Re: Providence Farm] #7729550
11/28/22 11:24 PM
11/28/22 11:24 PM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Online content
trapper
AJE  Online Content
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Luckily we seem to have good wardens in Wisconsin. They move around a lot though so it makes it hard to get to know them

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread