No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Re: union haters [Re: WI Outdoors] #8220370
09/21/24 12:16 PM
09/21/24 12:16 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Online content OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Online Content OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by WI Outdoors
Like any of it matters. It's all bs. We spend too much time working in this country union or not. It's fall. Hunting has begun. Go wet a line or shoot your quarry. Enjoy your time. Most of the people in here are older and closer to the end. I just got back from a walk in the woods hunting for the elusive puffball mushroom. Good to be out.

what cal rifle to you use for that? I was just telling my wife I needed a new mushroom hunting rifle!!

Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8220393
09/21/24 12:43 PM
09/21/24 12:43 PM
WI
WI Outdoors Offline
trapper
WI Outdoors  Offline
trapper

WI
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Like any of it matters. It's all bs. We spend too much time working in this country union or not. It's fall. Hunting has begun. Go wet a line or shoot your quarry. Enjoy your time. Most of the people in here are older and closer to the end. I just got back from a walk in the woods hunting for the elusive puffball mushroom. Good to be out.

what cal rifle to you use for that? I was just telling my wife I needed a new mushroom hunting rifle!!

Pocket knife. Gotta be quick to slice the stem before it gets you.

Re: union haters [Re: WI Outdoors] #8220414
09/21/24 01:06 PM
09/21/24 01:06 PM
Manitoba
Shakeyjake Offline
trapper
Shakeyjake  Offline
trapper

Manitoba
Originally Posted by Dirt
What was the subject again? Oh Yeah, Union people don't vote or support democrats. I think we got this figured out? The leadership does, because they know what they are doing for their members. A Majority of members do because most of the members have government employment.

Except for the union guys that post on here.

That’s a negative for most unions around here.

Got that right! While I’m on call this week, I just finished cleaning the trees and root systems out of my gutters while waiting for my union/corporate phone to ring so I can go and make some double time…..lol
On a side note, I think I should start doing this once a year. Daughter & boyfriend show up when I’m putting the ladder away……classic blisters, show up when the works done.

Wind Blew, crap flew, out came the line crew
Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8220421
09/21/24 01:21 PM
09/21/24 01:21 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Like you, I’m on call this weekend. Even get paid just to carry the phone regardless if anyone calls or not.

I honestly think some on here believe the Union owns the company. The company sets their expectations and rules. The Union just ensures they do what they say.

For instance, many years ago a hurricane was on its way and the company immediately put out mandatory working that weekend. They cancelled all vacations (declared an emergency) and all off days. People weren’t happy, but we understood. Well late Wednesday evening, before the hurricane was supposed to hit that Saturday, it took a hard left towards Texas. The company came out Thursday afternoon and said the emergency was canceled and vacations and off days were back on. Fine and dandy except folks had canceled reservations/flights/plans/etc. We had the option of guaranteed 8hrs Saturday and Sunday or take off if it wasn’t a scheduled day. I cleaned my truck at the work center 8hrs Saturday on double time and 8 hours Sunday for time and a half. If it wasn’t for the Union, we would have just been at the companies mercy. And yes, I was one of the ones that had to cancel reservations and plans.

Re: union haters [Re: Wanna Be] #8220456
09/21/24 02:34 PM
09/21/24 02:34 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Like you, I’m on call this weekend. Even get paid just to carry the phone regardless if anyone calls or not.

I honestly think some on here believe the Union owns the company. The company sets their expectations and rules. The Union just ensures they do what they say.

For instance, many years ago a hurricane was on its way and the company immediately put out mandatory working that weekend. They cancelled all vacations (declared an emergency) and all off days. People weren’t happy, but we understood. Well late Wednesday evening, before the hurricane was supposed to hit that Saturday, it took a hard left towards Texas. The company came out Thursday afternoon and said the emergency was canceled and vacations and off days were back on. Fine and dandy except folks had canceled reservations/flights/plans/etc. We had the option of guaranteed 8hrs Saturday and Sunday or take off if it wasn’t a scheduled day. I cleaned my truck at the work center 8hrs Saturday on double time and 8 hours Sunday for time and a half. If it wasn’t for the Union, we would have just been at the companies mercy. And yes, I was one of the ones that had to cancel reservations and plans.

Unions SHOULD be a company. They're basically temp agencies but with legal monopolies. Eg, should be Bob's Welders and BIlly's Welders, and Rosey's Welders. They make a contract for x dollars amount paid to the union and the union pays the welders. Just like every other third party vendor that works in this country. That way everyone knows who the problem is and can switch labor companies if they think the ones they work for now are on the road to self destruction.

Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8220477
09/21/24 03:06 PM
09/21/24 03:06 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Online content
trapper
Marty  Online Content
trapper

North East Kansas
I hate me some unions daily

Rise and Rise Again
Until Lambs Become Lions
Re: union haters [Re: SNIPERBBB] #8220521
09/21/24 04:22 PM
09/21/24 04:22 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB

Unions SHOULD be a company. They're basically temp agencies but with legal monopolies. Eg, should be Bob's Welders and BIlly's Welders, and Rosey's Welders. They make a contract for x dollars amount paid to the union and the union pays the welders. Just like every other third party vendor that works in this country. That way everyone knows who the problem is and can switch labor companies if they think the ones they work for now are on the road to self destruction.

Y’all must have totally different Unions than we have. We have nothing even close to that, lol. That’s a temp agency that bids out for jobs. Instead of being mad at the Union, I think I’d be more upset with the company utilizing that process, lol.

Re: union haters [Re: SNIPERBBB] #8220546
09/21/24 05:08 PM
09/21/24 05:08 PM
WI
WI Outdoors Offline
trapper
WI Outdoors  Offline
trapper

WI
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB

Again. All unions are not the same.

Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8220575
09/21/24 06:17 PM
09/21/24 06:17 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
I don't wanna hear any say anything about censorship on this forum after 8 pages of this

ever feel like your being baited ?

Sometimes, but then I just play along for pitty sake laugh

Re: union haters [Re: Wanna Be] #8220612
09/21/24 07:10 PM
09/21/24 07:10 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio

Y’all must have totally different Unions than we have. We have nothing even close to that, lol. That’s a temp agency that bids out for jobs. Instead of being mad at the Union, I think I’d be more upset with the company utilizing that process, lol.[/quote]
Reading comprehension.., what I said is how unions should be treated. As separate entities which the money flows from company, to "union" to employees. Not as a insurgent force within the company.

Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8220628
09/21/24 07:35 PM
09/21/24 07:35 PM
NV
2bit Offline
trapper
2bit  Offline
trapper

NV
Even in Shasta county, where it gets national coverage for being heavily far right racist homophobic xenophobic white heterosexual male. I worked with a few union guys and they were full blown democrats. Unlike any other person I e ever worked with

Re: union haters [Re: Wanna Be] #8220637
09/21/24 07:57 PM
09/21/24 07:57 PM
SE Minnesota
D
dustytinner Offline
trapper
dustytinner  Offline
trapper
D

SE Minnesota
Y’all must see or have different Unions where y’all live. I can tell you where I work, you don’t perform or do your job, you’ll get fired. The company ultimately makes the decisions on how they want their company to run, the union is there to keep them honest and persuade them to brush a few more crumbs off the table. I have never seen the Union save a turds job or even give it much effort.

Me either!

Life member Minnesota Trappers Association
FTA,Sportsmen's Alliance
Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8220730
09/21/24 10:44 PM
09/21/24 10:44 PM
West central Missouri
R
Raghorn67 Offline
trapper
Raghorn67  Offline
trapper
R

West central Missouri
How bout a show of hands here.

How many of you ol boys bash any and all unions, yet sit down to watch professional football on Sunday, Monday and Thursday or whenever it's on ?

Probably even own one or 2 of those over priced jerseys or hoodies don't ya ?

Fess up boys and be honest !

Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8220778
09/22/24 12:30 AM
09/22/24 12:30 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Haha, you hit a sore subject there. The so called Patriots on here even defended them for taking a knee, lol. Of course they don’t care if they’re union, they just don’t want the blue collar man to make any money. Don’t know of too many non-management nonunion guys retiring as millionaires either. Not saying there aren’t any, I just know more Union guys retiring that way.

Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8220847
09/22/24 08:01 AM
09/22/24 08:01 AM
Iowa
B
beeman Offline
trapper
beeman  Offline
trapper
B

Iowa
Here is statement from Teamsters as to why they did not endorse any candidates. This was taken from Teamsters website.

International Union Cites Strong Political Divides, Few Commitments from Candidates
Press Contact: Kara Deniz Phone: (202) 497-6610 Email: kdeniz@teamster.org
(WASHINGTON) — The General Executive Board of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters on Wednesday elected not to endorse any candidate for U.S. President.

After reviewing six months of nationwide member polling and wrapping up nearly a year of rank-and-file roundtable interviews with all major candidates for the presidency, the union was left with few commitments on top Teamsters issues from either former President Donald Trump or Vice President Kamala Harris—and found no definitive support among members for either party’s nominee.

In data publicly released earlier in the day, President Joe Biden won the support of Teamsters voting in straw polls at local unions between April-July prior to his exit from the race. But in independent electronic and phone polling from July-September, a majority of voting members twice selected Trump for a possible Teamsters endorsement over Harris.

The union’s extensive member polling showed no majority support for Vice President Harris and no universal support among the membership for President Trump.

“The Teamsters thank all candidates for meeting with members face-to-face during our unprecedented roundtables. Unfortunately, neither major candidate was able to make serious commitments to our union to ensure the interests of working people are always put before Big Business. We sought commitments from both Trump and Harris not to interfere in critical union campaigns or core Teamsters industries—and to honor our members’ right to strike—but were unable to secure those pledges,” said Teamsters General President Sean M. O’Brien.

“Our mission as union representatives is clear: to be honest and upfront, to be inclusive and, above all, to be transparent with our membership. As the strongest and most democratic labor union in America, it was vital for our members to drive this endorsement process. Democrats, Republicans, and Independents proudly call our union home, and we have a duty to represent and respect every one of them. We strongly encourage all our members to vote in the upcoming election, and to remain engaged in the political process. But this year, no candidate for President has earned the endorsement of the Teamsters’ International Union.”

During the Teamsters Rank-and-file Presidential Roundtables, the union shared feedback from members in the railroad and airline industries who work under the Railway Labor Act (RLA) and are at the mercy of government intervention that often prevents work stoppages. While 10,000 Teamsters at United Airlines are currently negotiating a new agreement, tens of thousands of railroad Teamsters were forced to accept a new contract implemented by Congress without member support in 2022. In roundtable discussions with Trump in January and Harris this month, neither candidate promised not to intervene to force similar RLA contracts, which undermines workers’ bargaining leverage.

While Harris pledged, if elected, to sign the PRO Act, an essential piece of labor legislation strengthening union protections, and criticized dangerous “right to work” laws that are enacted to bankrupt unions, Trump would not commit to veto national “right to work” legislation if he returned to the White House.

“‘Right to work’ laws only exist to try to kill labor unions,” said Teamsters General Secretary-Treasurer Fred Zuckerman. “It is a red line for the Teamsters and must be for any union when a candidate for elected office does not oppose such anti-worker legislation. It’s too important an issue for the labor movement as a whole to be left up to state legislatures.”

Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents 1.3 million hardworking people in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico. Visit Teamster.org for more information. Follow us on Twitter @Teamsters and “like” us on Facebook at Facebook.com/teamsters.

Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8220856
09/22/24 08:28 AM
09/22/24 08:28 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Quite telling.
Thanks for posting that, Beeman.

Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8220889
09/22/24 09:22 AM
09/22/24 09:22 AM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline
trapper
Guss  Offline
trapper
G

Wisconsin
Unions are about the money and not the men in the trenches. They all want to destroy this country by voting for the demon rats all they care about is their work and not this country.

Re: union haters [Re: Dirty D] #8220948
09/22/24 11:52 AM
09/22/24 11:52 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted by Dirty D

this is about union members and Membership. Not politics.

you'd like to think so but the union leadership is all about politics.
Politics is the river they swim in to get what they want, they expect to get what they want when they call. The donations are what gets those calls answered.

If members support trump almost 2 to 1 why didn't they endorse Trump?

Spot on.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: union haters [Re: beeman] #8220950
09/22/24 12:09 PM
09/22/24 12:09 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted by beeman
Here is statement from Teamsters as to why they did not endorse any candidates. This was taken from Teamsters website.

International Union Cites Strong Political Divides, Few Commitments from Candidates
Press Contact: Kara Deniz Phone: (202) 497-6610 Email: kdeniz@teamster.org
(WASHINGTON) — The General Executive Board of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters on Wednesday elected not to endorse any candidate for U.S. President.

After reviewing six months of nationwide member polling and wrapping up nearly a year of rank-and-file roundtable interviews with all major candidates for the presidency, the union was left with few commitments on top Teamsters issues from either former President Donald Trump or Vice President Kamala Harris—and found no definitive support among members for either party’s nominee.

In data publicly released earlier in the day, President Joe Biden won the support of Teamsters voting in straw polls at local unions between April-July prior to his exit from the race. But in independent electronic and phone polling from July-September, a majority of voting members twice selected Trump for a possible Teamsters endorsement over Harris.

The union’s extensive member polling showed no majority support for Vice President Harris and no universal support among the membership for President Trump.

“The Teamsters thank all candidates for meeting with members face-to-face during our unprecedented roundtables. Unfortunately, neither major candidate was able to make serious commitments to our union to ensure the interests of working people are always put before Big Business. We sought commitments from both Trump and Harris not to interfere in critical union campaigns or core Teamsters industries—and to honor our members’ right to strike—but were unable to secure those pledges,” said Teamsters General President Sean M. O’Brien.

“Our mission as union representatives is clear: to be honest and upfront, to be inclusive and, above all, to be transparent with our membership. As the strongest and most democratic labor union in America, it was vital for our members to drive this endorsement process. Democrats, Republicans, and Independents proudly call our union home, and we have a duty to represent and respect every one of them. We strongly encourage all our members to vote in the upcoming election, and to remain engaged in the political process. But this year, no candidate for President has earned the endorsement of the Teamsters’ International Union.”

During the Teamsters Rank-and-file Presidential Roundtables, the union shared feedback from members in the railroad and airline industries who work under the Railway Labor Act (RLA) and are at the mercy of government intervention that often prevents work stoppages. While 10,000 Teamsters at United Airlines are currently negotiating a new agreement, tens of thousands of railroad Teamsters were forced to accept a new contract implemented by Congress without member support in 2022. In roundtable discussions with Trump in January and Harris this month, neither candidate promised not to intervene to force similar RLA contracts, which undermines workers’ bargaining leverage.

While Harris pledged, if elected, to sign the PRO Act, an essential piece of labor legislation strengthening union protections, and criticized dangerous “right to work” laws that are enacted to bankrupt unions, Trump would not commit to veto national “right to work” legislation if he returned to the White House.

“‘Right to work’ laws only exist to try to kill labor unions,” said Teamsters General Secretary-Treasurer Fred Zuckerman. “It is a red line for the Teamsters and must be for any union when a candidate for elected office does not oppose such anti-worker legislation. It’s too important an issue for the labor movement as a whole to be left up to state legislatures.”

Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents 1.3 million hardworking people in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico. Visit Teamster.org for more information. Follow us on Twitter @Teamsters and “like” us on Facebook at Facebook.com/teamsters.

I was a union member years ago, this post is not to bash.
I see an overpower like the union a bit like I do the government. The less the better. Both needed maybe for minutia here and there sure but for the most part get out of the way.
It says NIETHER side gave commitments to the union. Fine. So that’s a wash. Doesn’t that leave the wishes of the membership as the voice? The upper Elites of the Union are supposedly the voice of the membership no?
Kind of reminds me of the government these days and how little it cares what the constituents desires are. We gotta pass the bill, so we can read what’s in the bill type of deal.
Sadly in this case the union and government are birds of a feather in their disdain for the masses. Wasn’t supposed to be that way as I recall.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: union haters [Re: Wanna Be] #8220964
09/22/24 12:46 PM
09/22/24 12:46 PM
West central Missouri
R
Raghorn67 Offline
trapper
Raghorn67  Offline
trapper
R

West central Missouri
Haha, you hit a sore subject there. The so called Patriots on here even defended them for taking a knee, lol. Of course they don’t care if they’re union, they just don’t want the blue collar man to make any money. Don’t know of too many non-management nonunion guys retiring as millionaires either. Not saying there aren’t any, I just know more Union guys retiring that way.

It certainly looks as if it might be a sore subject with everyone.
No one will admit guilt. YET.
Wait a few hours til the games start and game threads start
Lol

I'm glad that I can say that I have not watched a single minute of any NFL game since the Colin Kaepernick shenanigans took place. I didn't watch very much before that, they totally lost me when that crap happened.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread