|
|
|
Re: Wood Heat
[Re: BvrRetriever]
#8557432
02/01/26 12:50 AM
02/01/26 12:50 AM
|
Joined: Feb 2012
SE NEBRASKA
NebrCatMan
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Feb 2012
SE NEBRASKA
|
I used wood heat most of my life. I am almost 69 years old. It can be a bit hard to regulate if the stove is inside the area you are heating. I am living in a small cabin right now. Sometimes it gets pretty warm. Yes opening windows and cracking doors is a necessity once in a while. But when the wind is blowing and its zero or almost 40 below outside, I smile and enjoy wood heat so much !!!
Remember "Forbidden Fruit makes many Jams" NTA NRA RMEF NFH Born Again Believer
|
|
|
Re: Wood Heat
[Re: BvrRetriever]
#8557500
02/01/26 07:58 AM
02/01/26 07:58 AM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
Lugnut
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
|
Been heating my house and my camp with wood for close to thirty years. I have oil-fired furnaces/forced air systems in both but almost never use them.
Eh...wot?
|
|
|
Re: Wood Heat
[Re: BvrRetriever]
#8557501
02/01/26 07:59 AM
02/01/26 07:59 AM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
Lugnut
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
|
We keep it about 80 in the living room where the stove is.
Eh...wot?
|
|
|
Re: Wood Heat
[Re: BvrRetriever]
#8557507
02/01/26 08:29 AM
02/01/26 08:29 AM
|
Joined: Nov 2025
Holmes co. Oh.
Skippy 1
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Nov 2025
Holmes co. Oh.
|
I have a 24 X 24 foot work shop, trap shed with a small wood burner in it. I do let the fire die out every evening and fire it back up first thing in the morning. With the temps were getting right now it takes about 2 hours to get the shop back up to a comfortable level. Then I keep it between 65 to 70 degrees the rest of the day. I don't know if anyone else does but we have those darn stink bugs around in the fall and they like to try to over winter in the fire wood. I watch when bring in the wood but I always seem to miss seeing a few. I hate them things.
In my defense I was left Unsupervised
|
|
|
Re: Wood Heat
[Re: BvrRetriever]
#8557510
02/01/26 08:39 AM
02/01/26 08:39 AM
|
Joined: Dec 2014
Tug Hill, NY
Squash
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2014
Tug Hill, NY
|
My Vermont castings defiant wood stove heats my whole house. Keeps it a comfortable 70-75 degrees. But I do have fuel oil forced air back up.
Last edited by Squash; 02/01/26 08:39 AM.
|
|
|
Re: Wood Heat
[Re: BvrRetriever]
#8557559
02/01/26 10:04 AM
02/01/26 10:04 AM
|
Joined: Jul 2012
N. Carolina
Scout1
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Jul 2012
N. Carolina
|
I run a Blaze King princess. Does great. Its in the basement and heats it plus the back half of the house above it. Im planning on a set of gas logs or a wall mountLP in the kitchen .
------------------------------------- Paying Top Dollar for Alien Parts.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|